[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spooky Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Which wars or events in wars were the spookiest?

I remember reading about some tower siege during WW1 in which one of the camps used chemical warfare upon the other camp who in turn came out all disfigured and looking like zombies and shit causing the other camp to run away out of fear. Don't remember the precise details so it would be cool if anons could bring in more stuff on this.
>>
>>1101354
that one story from belgium during ww1 when a gas attacked hit the wrong spot in a small village and about 30 little kids with bleeding eyes were running towards the german lines
>>
>>1101354
It's the siege of the fortress of Osowiec
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osowiec_Fortress#Gas_attack
7000 Germans routed by a few dozen half-dead Russians, "the attack of the dead", it was called.
>>
>Years later the Hiroshima city government requested survivors to paint or draw pictures depicting their horrific experiences and these were collected. I was greatly moved and shocked by these graphic depictions showing people with burnt and swollen hands and faces like grotesque masks. Others were shown holding their exposed intestines and bowels, trying to prevent them from falling out. Some had an eyeball hanging down from their eye socket. A mother was holding a child with a missing ear; crying,” Oh, poor baby!” The burnt skin on the arms of many people became blistered and broken hanging down like rags, so they couldn’t their arms down and had to walk zombie-like with outstretched arms. Most people lost the ability to think and they just wandered with blank stares trying to escape the fear. Stopping would only make the fear real again and so everyone just aimlessly kept on walking as much and as long possible.
>>
>>1101354
The Vietnamese have this cultural thing where you need to be buried in your familial plot or else you'll be a lost spirit. Especially in rural Vietnam where entire families won't leave a village for a thousand years.
During the Vietnam War, the CIA planted tapes with Buddhist funeral music and an actor saying things like "Where am I? I want to go home! Where is my daughter? I can't find my way. The Americans...they killed me out here.."

The goal was to spook the Viet Cong (many of whom were superstitious rural peasants) into thinking that if they got killed out in the jungles, their souls would never rest.
>>
>>1101535
hahhaha, fucking japs
>>
>>1101535
Most of this turned out to be bullshit though, wasn't it?
>>
>>1101535
I read something about the "lizard men" basically people who had been so burned they lost their eyes and most of their skin/anything else that stuck out from their face like noses or ears or lips

they couldn't talk so they would just shuffle around with teeth showing hissing and wheezing until they died soon after.
>>
>>1101535
top kek
>>
>>1101535
>Most people lost the ability to think and they just wandered with blank stares trying to escape the fear. Stopping would only make the fear real again and so everyone just aimlessly kept on walking as much and as long possible.

Imagine getting so rekt in war that you just become a fucking caveman. Literally bombed back to the stone age
>>
>>1101576
>>1101602
>>1101605
Stop being mean
>>
>>1101535
serves them right for nanking, 731, bataan, manila etc etc
>>
>Another distinction was that they never left their dead behind, and it was noticed that there never seemed to be dead bodies of Kagnew soldiers on the battlefield. This earned them the respect of their American colleagues, while fostering the belief among their opponents, who had often never even seen black people before, that they were superhuman.
Ethiopian soldiers in korean war. Must have been spooky as hell for the chinese and North Korean soldiers.
>>
>>1102486
So instead of doing anything to the people who commanded or carried out those things you just nuke a bunch of civilians, makes sense
>>
>>1102715
Then you let all the guys who did that get off scott free in exchange for their knowledge.
>>
>>1102693
That's for the Hyperwar!
>>
>>1102486
You do realize the bombs were dropped on civilians right? Not the actual perpetrators of the massacres.

In fact, Nagasaki was largely Christian and many of it's inhabitants weren't even in favor Japan's imperialism.
>>
>>1101535
Deserved it desu
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 640x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 640x417
>>1104417
There was a large army base in one of the cities. I forget which one
>>
>>1101547
>the CIA planted tapes with Buddhist funeral music and an actor saying things like "Where am I? I want to go home! Where is my daughter? I can't find my way. The Americans...they killed me out here.."

Unironically the absolute madmen...

The motherfuckers also did it here in the Philippines where the local legend has it that there are 'aswangs' (flip vampires) roaming around a village infested with communist insurgents. They drained one poor commie out of his blood and left him around their camp to scare the rebels.
>>
>>1101532
>every four minutes 360 explosions rattled the fortress. During the week of intense artillery barrage 250,000 shot were fired by just the heavy guns and about one million of light artillery rounds.
How was anything left?
>>
>>1104417
>implying you can change the mind of some slavshit tier thinker

He's probably too busy murdering his neighbor for being loosely related to a guy who killed his great grandfather.
>>
>>1102486
Killing more just fuels the cycle of hate, you mong.
>>
File: 135663.jpg (214 KB, 760x939) Image search: [Google]
135663.jpg
214 KB, 760x939
>>1104932
I imagine it looked a bit like pic related
>>
>>1101532
>Surprise attack and bloody clothing (Russian soldiers were coughing blood up because of poison gases destroying the lung tissue) put Germans in the state of shock and made them run
Metal as fuck.
>>
>>1104417
You realize the two locations were of strategic military importance, right?
>>
>>1104417
>>1104812

Hiroshima had an army base. Nagasaki was a manufacturing base for military arms and vehiclea.
>>
>>1102726
And because doing the alternative might mean commies.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.