[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think the European theater of WW2 would have played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1457747325671.png (1 MB, 1239x2013) Image search: [Google]
1457747325671.png
1 MB, 1239x2013
How do you think the European theater of WW2 would have played out, had the Nazis not invaded the USSR?

Furthermore, was war between the two of them inevitable?
>>
>>1097443
>State Idealogy centered around anti-Bolshivism
>Not attacking bolshivists
Pick one.
>>
>>1097443
About 20 million more soviet citizens would be alive.

The German war economy would have tanked btw.
>>
>>1097455
They were quite cuddly with one another prior to 1941.

They disagreed politically, but that isn't an inevitable causation to pick a fight with a fuckhuge world power.
>>
>>1097443

>How do you think the European theater of WW2 would have played out, had the Nazis not invaded the USSR?

Difficulty in the Anglo-American forces to make any sort of headway in Europe, although they would have been able to chuck them out of North Africa without too much trouble.

Given the lack of viable alternative means of striking at Germany, you'd probably see an intensification of the air war, culminating in atomic strikes on Germany in 1945, followed by a reasonably likelihood of either regime collapse or an internal overthrow of Hitler himself.

>Furthermore, was war between the two of them inevitable?

Almost certainly. All that mutual distrust and the whole Nazi platform of trying to save the world from "Judeo-Bolshevism".
>>
>>1097459

I don't know. Its debatable if the German economy would have tanked. The US Economy did not tank even though it spent more on the war than the Germans and didn't loot countries like they did. Hell... The 1950's were a great time for the United States.

But anyways...

Hearts of Iron 4 comes out in exactly one month so you can simulate a peaceful Germany to your heart's content.

Personally, it really depends on whether or not Hitler invaded Poland. I read a WW2 fan fic that had the Soviets declaring war on the Polish first and the Germans got to play the good guys by "helping" the Poles liberate their lands only to turn around and keep the land and eventually win against the Soviets and then turning on the allies in 1945.
>>
File: wait what.gif (434 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
wait what.gif
434 KB, 200x198
>>1097495
>I read a WW2 fan fic
>>
>>1097459
>The German war economy would have tanked btw.

Bull, they'd have fueled it with Africa instead.
>>
>>1097513

In June of 1941, you have IIRC, 209 German divisions under arms.

The North African presence never rose above 9 divisions. What are you going to do with the other 95.6% of your forces that you can't really supply in the deserts with the crappy ports through the British raiding?
>>
File: 1462411906029.jpg (4 KB, 215x200) Image search: [Google]
1462411906029.jpg
4 KB, 215x200
>>1097533

Invade Turkey promising the new Constantinople to the Soviets after you are done wrecking the Allies.
>>
>>1097576
It takes a lot to do "worse than Hitler" at grand strategy, but you managed.
>>
>>1097764

To be fair, you can always backstab the Soviets once you beat the Allies.
>>
>>1097471
They weren't outwardly hostile, which is completely different from "cuddly". German troops had fought against Soviet-armed Communists in Spain
>>
>>1097864
>once you beat the Allies.
Again, Hitler only ordered preparations for Sealion. This thread is great for the speculation, "How to lose the war faster than Hitler."
>>
>>1098090
>there is no scenario where Hitler could have won

I see you've sucked down the propaganda real good
>>
>>1097905

Not him, but Germany and the USSR ere each other's biggest trade partners from about 1938-1941
>>
>>1098135

There really aren't any. If nothing else, nuclear annihilation comes when FDR gets the U.S. into the war on post-fall of France anger, or you don't beat France, at which point you probably lose conventionally.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.