[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who turned Homosexuality into Identity Politics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (277 KB, 1000x591) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
277 KB, 1000x591
Then: Sex with a man is just an act.

Now: To have sex with a man you must identify as member of a group that has sex with men. Thereafter you shall forever stay member of a group that has sex with men.

Who created identity politics around homosexuality /his/? At first I was sure it were the Christians, but now I more and more believe it's the Germans. Unwashed barbarians with no sense of aesthetic, no wonder they never understood the appeal - if you're into men, certainly "something in your head must be wired differently". Fucking idiots.
>>
>>1094717
I kek'd but your right, the fact that people make it qn identity issue is ridiculous.
>>
>>1094717
Just fuck a dude already.
>>
>>1094717
Christians
>>
>>1094717
Maybe Judaism. I recall some fairly harsh pronouncements in Exodus. "thou shalt not suffer a penis" or something similar...
>>
File: 1331666039685283.jpg (205 KB, 781x750) Image search: [Google]
1331666039685283.jpg
205 KB, 781x750
>>
Psychologists laid the seeds, trying to create a problem for them to solve.
The natural need of humans to belong, relativism and the cultural domination of conservatives (which is worse at repressing preexisting things than autonomous acts) were the soil, the fertilizer and the water.
>>
>>1094717
Like most of the world's problems the fault lies at the feet of Germanics and Christians.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 500x532
>>1094717
Stalin. Definitely Stalin
>>
>>1094717
It was always an identity, just back then they identified more as tops/bottom.
>>
Homosexuality stems from certain ideas about genetics. The idea that homosexuality is either genetically part of your essence, or not.
So, if you place the pee pee in the poo poo you must be innately a homosex.
>>
>>1094717
Western homosexuals.
>>
>>1094717
/lgbt/ reporting. It's mostly the outside pressure that created it out of necessity. The "community" is really fractured and divisive normally
>>
>>1095173
This. There is a lot of tension between western lgbt activists and traditional groups from other part of the word that engage in what can be called lgbt activites. Same thing with non western forms of femminism. The western community preaches comformity to there model and shit talks anyone different. See how femminists in the west give malala shit for wearing a hijab despite having gotten way more done for female education in the middle east than any of her critics. Check out a book called quuer activism in india if your curious about it.
>>
>>1095195
First World Women and Faggots have no clue how fucking privileged they are.
>>
>>1094717
Probably Satan
>>
>>1094717
Passive receivers were ALWAYS STIGMATIZED and categorized.

Stop the revision you self hating faggot.
>>
>>1094717
The Enlightenment, when thinkers had to try to come up with a scientific explanation for divergent behaviors without resorting to demons or sin.
>>
Why would Christians have turned it into an identity? Christianity has never taught that. It has always taught that it is a sin and you can live chaste.

The gays themselves make the biggest noise over it.

When people say to Christians "do you think homosexuals go to Hell?" (usually an attempt to separate "good" liberal Christians from the "bad" orthodox believers), it's a stupid question to begin with. Christianity has never taught that a sin will send you to Hell. There's only one unforgivable sin and it's not something in the realm of sexual sins.

If gays go to Hell, it will be for pride and not sodomy.
>>
>>1094717
Faggot activists.
>>
>>1095263
This.

Unbelief is the unpardonable sin; it is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, the witness telling you that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
>>
"le identity politics"
meme buzzword

people care about groups of people and do things to favour those interests

white nationalism is identity politics for whites.
humanism is identity politics for humans.
gay advocacy is identity politics for gays.

dismissing something as "identity politics" is stupid because everything is identity politics. You're so conditioned to your universalist worldview that you think humanism is "logical" and you don't realise humanism is also identity politics.
>>
>>1096033
>humanism is identity politics for humans.
Not humans, something more like "liberals" or "minorities" or "jews".
>>
>>1096062
>"for humans"
as in the group they're advocating for is humans

most humans are nationalist.
>>
>>1096106
> most humans are nationalist.
Most humans doesn't care about any ideology.
>>
File: Rainbow merchant.png (99 KB, 476x519) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow merchant.png
99 KB, 476x519
>>1094717
>Who turned Homosexuality into Identity Politics?
>>
>>1096118
nah
http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/ethnic-diversity-and-social-cohesion/

being nationalist doesn't need to be about reading books
it can be very primal
>>
>>1094717
If christians didn't start freaking out over who people choose to fuck with, this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>1096655
Gay sex usually involves a man sticking his penis into another man's anus, which may contain feces. The anus and rectum may tear. This breeds disease.

"Prior to the AIDS epidemic, a 1978 study found that 75 percent of white, gay males claimed to have had more than 100 lifetime male sex partners: 15 percent claimed 100-249 sex partners; 17 percent claimed 250-499; 15 percent claimed 500- 999; and 28 percent claimed more than 1,000 lifetime male sex partners. Levels of promiscuity subsequently declined, but some observers are concerned that promiscuity is again approaching the levels of the 1970s. The medical consequence of this promiscuity is that gays have a greatly increased likelihood of contracting HIV/AIDS, syphilis and other STDs."

20% of gay men in the USA have HIV.

Homosexuality is gross
>>
I don't care if it's identity politics, I like dick.
>>
>>1096748
What's their definition of a sex partners and also that 20% figure is incorrect I work in HIV/AIDS research.
>>
>>1096748
The same exact thing happens when you have anal sex with women. It however does not happen if you have oral sex with men (which counts as homosexual). So your conclusion should be:

>anal sex is gross

TL;DR: You're a homophobic /pol/ brainlet, so go back to your containment board >>>/pol/
>>
Read Foucault's "History of Sexuality" It explains when and how homosexuality became identity politics.

When Holy Confession was abolished in Protestant countries, homosexuality ceased to be seen as a sin you go to confession for, and started being seen as a sickness, because there had to be some way to "treat" it without having Confession. With the rise of secularism, this especially became the case. Coupled with the new liberal perspective on man (that selfishness was his innate quality instead of a sinful condition), it meant the sinfulness of homosexuality was seen as an innate condition. Thus people became "homosexuals" instead of just "sodomites", and we started looking for "symptoms" to "diagnose" if someone was a homosexual (there goes men kissing or holding hands, those became seen as symptoms and thus stigmatized). It was something you *were*, your innate nature, instead of merely an act. And that is how it became an identity, and that identity carried over in the rebellion against it as a mental illness, and hasn't left us since.
>>
>>1096862
>The same exact thing happens when you have anal sex with women
which is also gross, and plenty of groups have found it gross throughout history

> It however does not happen if you have oral sex with men
men who also happen to stick their dicks into other men's shit
>>
>>1095263
>When people say to Christians "do you think homosexuals go to Hell?
As long as there are people ho believe that "homosexuals" will go to hell then it will be a valid question. What christianity preaches is only important to the extent that people practice those teachings. I'd also be very surprised if there aren't some churched who preach that homosexuals go to hell.
>>
>>1096872
Makes sense, thanks.

But didn't Calvinists already consider selfishness as non-sinful?
>>
File: 1442520224207.jpg (25 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1442520224207.jpg
25 KB, 604x438
>>1096862
>homophobic

Go back to your containment site >>>/reddit/
>>
>>1096748
>1000 lifetime partners

What are they, rock stars? I am calling bull on this story.
>>
>>1096748
Please quote (& properly cite) a reliable source that isn't 40 years old.

Additionally, your comments have nothing to do with the question posed by OP.
>>
>>1096748
>75 percent of white, gay males claimed to have had more than 100 lifetime male sex partners: 15 percent claimed 100-249 sex partners; 17 percent claimed 250-499; 15 percent claimed 500- 999; and 28 percent claimed more than 1,000 lifetime male sex partners

I'm gay myself and I just refuse to believe this shit. And no, I'm not hideous.
>>
>>1096862
Actually most "homophobic" cultures and traditions condemn sodomy and not homosexuality by itself. At least that's the case of jews, christians and zoroastrians if you read their scriptures.
>>
>>1097429
I wasn't responding to OP
>>
>>1096972
This has nothing to do with OP's discussion
BAIT
A
I
T
>>
>>1097450
>28 percent claimed more than 1000 lifetime male sex partners
You'd think someone would stop counting at fifty or so.
>>
>>1097508
Because I wasn't replying to OP you faggot.
Kill yourself
>>
>>1097077
No, they believed everyone is selfish and sins but that doesn't matter a whit, if you are destined for salvation you are saved, if you aren't you aren't, your actions had not effect.
>>
>>1097527
Doesn't the same argument enable evil deeds too?
>>
F O U C A U L T
O
U
C
A
U
L
T
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.