[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a plausible method of an administrative employee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 2gisze.jpg (172 KB, 1000x1132) Image search: [Google]
2gisze.jpg
172 KB, 1000x1132
What's a plausible method of an administrative employee taking over a substantial mercantile business, either openly or covertly? Taking over in the sense of superseding their employer and owning the business themselves from that point onward. Are there any notable historical incidents that anyone could point me to where this occurs?

I figure even a family-owned company could be superseded from without if the employee in question marries into the family register and then successfully maneuvers themselves into the position of owner or inheritor of the company's assets.
>>
>>1093057
Go read the legal history of 19th century British corporations law.
>>
>>1093160

Noted. Got any suggestions in particular?
>>
>>1093270
Responsibility of the director, partnership, false companies, director sell-out to director controlled firm, etc.

Basically every rort that a capitalist could play upon another capitalist was played in British company law in the 19th century.
>>
>>1093352

I meant in terms of what resources/books would you suggest to read to get an overview of said legal history.
>>
>>1093057
what period we talking about? i'm not sure administrators were so common in medieval mercantile companies which were usually familiy owned.
maybe try this annotated bibliography on law in the renaissance and reformation period
http://pastebin.com/yqQjAdiJ
>>
>>1093426

Any time period, anywhere. Just examples of the general idea is perfectly fine.
>>
>>1093057
This is a very notable "Northern Renaissance" painting. For some reason they didn't invent fucking shelves so everything was hung off those metal bars behind him. Also look at the table, there is an Ottoman rug there. This was the height of Ottoman rugs in paintings. They were and are considered to be a sign of an upperclass wealth and connection with the Orient.
>>
>>1093458

Well that's cool.
>>
>>1093458
>they didn't invent fucking shelves

There's literally two shelves behind him, above his head.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.