[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bullshit? How do you even go about arguing against this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: received_1049263165167816.jpg (46 KB, 387x645) Image search: [Google]
received_1049263165167816.jpg
46 KB, 387x645
Is it bullshit? How do you even go about arguing against this?
>>
File: Diogenes of Sinope.jpg (3 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
Diogenes of Sinope.jpg
3 MB, 1800x1322
>Where is the ‘emptiness’ which precedes this empty cup?
>>
Theory of Evolution sent the theory of forms straight to the trash can.

If rabbits are not static, then there is no rabbit-ness form from which they are derived.

Accept Aristotle as the one true philosophy and Aquinas as his messenger
>>
>>1091163
I heard that Aristotle talks more shit than Plato does. When reading the Greeks, what should I take from them? The reasoning etc. Even if their arguments and up being proven wrong by history?
>>
>>1091180
I would fucking love to hear what you think is shit about Aristotle mate
>>
>>1091189
I haven't read him but I consistently see people shitting on him on this board
>>
>>1091180
Don't focus on what their conclusions are but how they come to the conclusion that something is truth or not.
>>
>I don't know anything about philosophy but I'm talking about it online

Read a book.
>>
>>1091163
WEW LAD

Theory of Forms is definitely shit, but that is some grade A not understanding it at all. Like, holy fuck, that doesn't address it at all.
>>
>>1091351
Not an argument
>>
>>1091163
>Theory of Evolution sent the theory of forms straight to the trash can.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcinisation
>>
>>1091180
Pre-socratics>Plato and his shitty follwoers
>>
>>1091371
Based Form of Crab

Check-mate anti-Platonists!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.