[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Cuban missile crisis political genius or utter stupidity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1457444310346.jpg (70 KB, 640x728) Image search: [Google]
1457444310346.jpg
70 KB, 640x728
Was the Cuban missile crisis political genius or utter stupidity?
>>
>>1088790
Genius, Americowards shit their pants and they saved their communist allies in Cuba.
>>
Bungling on both ends.
>>
The Cold War itself was stupid as fuck.
>>
>>1088853
>there's room to be brave when there are nukes next to you
>>
who's the cutie
>>
>>1088881
Literally nukes next to everyone my man
>>
>>1088790
Utter stupidity by every party involved.
>>
>>1088790
I guess if your country is so shitty that you have nothing to lose by starting a nuclear war then it was pretty smart move.
>>
>>1088790
ATLAS were withdrawn from Turkey.
>>
It was a mistake on the Kennedy administration on intelligence, war mongering, and diplomacy in total. Cuba already received their share of nuclear arms, before the stand off. The Soviets were puzzled it was even an issue when the US was arming Turkey with their share of missiles.
>>
File: 1460597363684.jpg (53 KB, 536x700) Image search: [Google]
1460597363684.jpg
53 KB, 536x700
>>1089210
ATLAS was also already slated for decommissioning due to obsolescence.
>>
utter stupidity.

also the Berlin Wall was Kennedy's concession to the Soviets to get the missiles removed.
>>
smartest move in the entire Cold War (which is probably not saying much since Cold War was rife with idiotic ones)

next to the "don't launch the nuclear missiles" one
>>
It was brilliant in terms of deterrence. If you study international relations you find that Kennedy's threat to the Soviets was textbook deterrence and really freaked the Soviets out.
>>
>>1089374
>ATLAS was also already slated for decommissioning due to obsolescence.
I was unaware that Nikita Khrushchev controlled the commissioning and decomissioning of ATLAS without forcing an SRBM missile deployment crisis. Fuck me. Maybe he should have just rang up LeMay and asked him to disarm instead. Stupid Khrushchev.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.