[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Youth of the Greats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Napoleon as a Child.jpg (60 KB, 500x699) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon as a Child.jpg
60 KB, 500x699
How important is the impact of childhood on different historically relevant people?

Do parents, upbringings, kindergarten friends, school bullying, the relation of kids with their junior year teachers, this kind of childhood thing, do you think it has any relevant impact on the behaviour, decisions and overall character of historical people?

How was Napoleon's childhood? How was Hitler's? How was Jesus', or Martin Luther's?

I think that we can learn and understand a lot more about history by answering these questions, and that childhoods can definetely affect the adult life of historically important people, and that we don't give as much attention to these issues as we should.
Not only childhood, but teen age days as well.

What do you think of the subject? Do you know of the childhood of anyone important in history?

Tell me about it /his/.
>>
The only historical figure childhood I know about is Marie Antoinette's, which led her to have a love and yearning for the relatively casual Hapsburg upbringing and family/relatively private life that led her to try to recreate it at Versailles, which pissed off the French courtiers in some respects (how dare you only want to hang out with people who genuinely like instead of people we appoint because of their lineage) and pissed off the French people in others (how dare you want any privacy).
>>
>>1086356
>Hapsburg
>>
>>1086366
sorry, I always get my p's and b's mixed up on May the 4th.
>>
>>1086330
Look up Jeremy Bentham and John Stuart Mill's education. For Michelle De Montaigne. Or Mozart. Freakish education regimes can produce geniuses, but they tend to be broken retards with autism.
>>
File: 1462281491972.jpg (156 KB, 720x733) Image search: [Google]
1462281491972.jpg
156 KB, 720x733
>>1086330
https://archive.org/details/TheYoungHitlerIKnew
here is a book about hitler if i rember correctly he was bascily a beta fedora fag
>>
Napoleon was a shut-in kid who was mocked all the time because of his horrible accent
>>
>>1086470
He was also mediocre at sports and acted like a country bumpkin.
>>
>>1086356
oh, and her education was terrible. She was the second youngest of a truckload of children and Maria Theresa didn't do more than glance over the work provided to her by her teachers and governesses, making sure it was correct but not giving her any serious attention due to her low spot on the Lots of Babies totem poll.

Instead of making Marie Antoinette study and do her work, her tutors let her play and would do the work for her, having her trace over their own handwriting for penmanship exercises, giving her the answers, etc. Maria Theresa only found this out once Marie Antoinette became the candidate for the dauphin of France marriage, and had to shove a decade of learning into her within 2 years. Her tutor during these 2 years, who ended up going to Versailles with her, noted that she had average intelligence and was particularly good at social subjects, but it was hard to keep her on task for very long. But I would say this early failing in her education affected her ability to focus on one thing for very long, contributing to her obsession with not being bored and hopping from trend to trend which led to unpopularity; it may have also impacted her ability to see how serious propaganda and political pamphlets and reputation could be in a historical and political context.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.