[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does life have an objective meaning? Is there an "absolute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: amen.png (46 KB, 684x940) Image search: [Google]
amen.png
46 KB, 684x940
Does life have an objective meaning?
Is there an "absolute truth"?
How can an individual be sure he is following the true path?
>>
>>1085734
meaning was generated for you by evolution in the form of pain and pleasure, humans can also generate meaning by inventing values and principles out of thin air
>>
>>1085734
>Does life have an objective meaning?
no

>Is there an "absolute truth"?
no

>How can an individual be sure he is following the true path?
Dude faith lmao
>>
Follow Jesus
>>
>>1085734
You are the only one who can answer those questions for yourself to accept them.

You need to create a way of interpreting everything so it makes sense to you.

Take care of updating this view of yours with every new meaningful experience that you think is important to add up, and don't be afraid to check if you need to rectify or back up on anything you previously believed if you feel like so.

That's what I do and I'm pretty happy.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 653x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 653x1024
>>1085734

LEAP OF FAITH
E
A
P

O
F

F
A
I
T
H
>>
>>1085793
/thread
>>
>>1085734
No
Depends
You probably can't. Just follow the path that feels right to you.
>>

No

No

Through trial and error
>>
>>1085793
So I should become a bastard drunk kissless virgin and get myself crucified by Jews?
>>
>>1085734
No.
No.
Mu.
>>
>>1085734
There is no true paths, there's just a culmination of decisions. Nihilism is fit cowards finding no meaning in anything because they have dedicated themselves to a lack of inner purpose. if you ask if almost anything so complex has a concrete purpose, you'll arrive at the conclusion that there is. Philosophically it may be objective, but consider the subtle nuances of a life someone was genuinely satisfied with living.
>>
>>1085734
"Life having a meaning" presuppose teleology.

"absolute truth" is an epistemological knightmare. You'd have to kill the Cartesian Demon to even start.

"True path" is a undefined term
>>
File: watts1.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
watts1.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>1086906

Mu.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.