[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the worst Roman Emperor and why is it this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: constantinethegreat.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
constantinethegreat.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Who's the worst Roman Emperor and why is it this guy?
>>
Elagabalus

- Dressed as a woman and tried to prostitute himself out in the courts
- Often found talking to himself and inanimate objects
- Stone a idol [an irregular rock] from a neighboring civilization, placed it on a chariot, declared it god, and then declared he and the rock were both the same god
- Murdered people
- Raped people [including children]
While other Roman rulers were psychopaths and narcissists, Elagabalus was that and a bad full of nuts.
He was murdered not in the name of power seeking but because everyone hated him.
>>
>>1085455
OP said the worst, not the best
>>
>>1085455
He was just a kid who liked to party, and half the shit was made up by his enemies
>>
>>1085456
Not one person liked him in the entire roman empire. He imposed his religion on people, tried for force himself onto people, and often raped children to death in the streets with blades because he liked to see them fight.
>>1085458
>He was just a kid who liked to party
See above

>and half the shit was made up by his enemies
So he's michael jackson now?
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>1085442
>>
I only properly know up until Commodus plus a few more famous ones afterwards and everything I've read about Domitian makes me think he was particularly nasty
>>
File: tip harder.jpg (37 KB, 680x483) Image search: [Google]
tip harder.jpg
37 KB, 680x483
>>1085442
>>
>>1085474
>Domitian
>Instead of calling him the more familiar Augustus II
>Neckbeards tipping fedoras non-ironically
>>
>>1085458
Yeah, I bet if he was a kid today, he'd probably get drunk at every party and like Tyler or some shit
>>
>>1085486
You want to know what the fucked up part is?
He threw parties and demanded people party or die.
Only time in history people prefered to die than party.
Every. Single. Time.
No one liked him. He was a weirdo.
>>
>>1085479
What are you on about?
>>
File: 1457727006153.jpg (73 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
1457727006153.jpg
73 KB, 640x440
>>1085476

Retarded religious /pol/ maymays have no place here, faggit.
>>
>>1085474
triggering me desu

I used to be autistically obsessed with Domitian for some reason

>11th grade ancient history class
>teacher is just quickly skipping from after augustus to the 5 good emperors
>giving like one word descriptions of the emperors, saying we're unlikely to be assessed on them
>tiberius: tyrant
>caligula: tyrant
>claudius: steady
>nero: tyrant
>first 3 emperors of the yofe: ambitious opportunists
>vespasian: amazing
>titus: could have been amazing
>domitian: tyrant
>i flip out
>rant and rave about tacitus and seutonius being senatorial and equestrian babies
>quote syme about his economic policy
>start to launch into a discussion about Dacia when the teacher cuts me off with a loud "Thanks for that, Anon"
>good thing he did to be honest because Dacia was a failure no matter how I was going to spin it
>everyone stares at me
>no one from that class talks to me again other than the girl who always tried to copy my homework
>>
everyone except Octavius, Claudius, Diocletian, and the four GOOD emperors (not counting the byzantine empire)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.