[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate being a part of this "I'm better than you"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 423x590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 423x590
I hate being a part of this "I'm better than you" patrician-pleb dichotomy, but sometimes I just need to vent.

Does anyone else get extremely frustrated that the majority of people are awful interlocutors? I know I probably shouldn't, but sometimes it's very easy to get into debates with people who have no idea how to debate. Either they don't take it seriously, flatly reject reasoned arguments, or reply with something along the lines of "well we all have our own opinions man"/"i don't agree". It especially pisses me off when they try to disengage themselves.

Anyone else have this problem with people?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>not being an elitist
Some people are just peasants, brah.
>>
I fucking hate idiots
>>
>>1081985
That's just like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>1081985
I don't agree
>>
>>1081985
Had a bit of this yesterday when someone walked away from my argument defending the nuclear bombs used in Japan saying "Well, I'm not a warlord."

It's not worth getting upset over, but I wouldn't liked to actually change her opinion since she could defend hers very well.
>>
"debates" don't matter, just ignore them and stop being a bitch
>>
>>1082431
Funny thing, death. You're just as dead if you are killed with a pointed stick or an A bomb. More people have been killed by pointed sticks. Yet more people fear A bombs.
>>
>>1081985
>why won't people argue with me right?!
>if they disagree with me they're just being illogical!

You sound like a rampaging autist, OP
>>
the vast, vast majority of people are simply plebeians who don't know, and don't want to know. they just wanna drink sugary drinks and get laid. this is a fact of life that you must accept. and then you will embrace hereditary monarchy.
>>
>>1081985
Who invited you?
>>
>>1082493
Honestly, the A bomb was probably more merciful than the fire bombing. She kept on trying to bring up having met an atomic bomb survivor who'd become a pariah as the reason why it was especially heinous.
>>
I've got nothing to contribute but agreement. Some of my old high school friends started a modest little debate club, even though it's casual and uncoordinated, it's so nice to talk with people with more than one brain cell.

Then shift starts and I go to work and one woman tells me about crystal energies and the other accepts the idea that one can gain value from nature in excess of an initial investment of value, but then when the arguable necessity of money comes up she shuts down and starts yelling THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, WHERE WOULD WE END UP IF THERE WASN'T TOIL? I WOULDN'T WANT TO HAVE ALL THAT TIME TO MYSELF. I'D GO TO WORK ANYWAY AND EVERYONE ELSE WOULD BURN IN ANARCHY.

This woman maintains toilets at a tourist trap.

I'm trying to get fired.
>>
>>1082542
I think you need to elaborate.
>>
Well, we all have our own opinions, man
>>
>>1082506
Disagreements are fine as long as you know why you're disagreeing and can explain your reasoning to people when you're arguing. If you can't do this then you shouldn't be contributing.

If you want you can go and argue with two year-olds. That sounds more like your area of expertise.
>>
>>1082509
>hereditary

Fuck that, the last thing we need is incestuous webfoots ruling the world.

The Five Good Emperors had the right idea: absolute monarchy that forbids hereditary inheritance and instead forces the monarch to hand-pick a successor and adopt them. Solves all the problems of monarchy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.