[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 21 year old doing a modern history degree and i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
I'm a 21 year old doing a modern history degree and i'm due to finish in September. What kind of job opportunities can a history graduate look forward to? I know teaching is a sure way forward but what other opportunities are there?
>>
File: 1392364135440.jpg (40 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1392364135440.jpg
40 KB, 275x275
>>1080975
>What kind of job opportunities can a history graduate look forward to?
>job opportunities
>history graduate
>>
Owning a deli
>>
>>1080975
McDonalds Drive-thru, they will hire you on the spot.

But for real though put yourself out there and find out, maybe become a historian in a specific field that you find interesting? Museum curator, I don't know.
>>
Did you have any specializations in your degree, OP? Any particular area of interest? Did you get anything significant published?
>>
File: HAHA.gif (966 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
HAHA.gif
966 KB, 200x150
>>1080975
>What kind of job opportunities can a history graduate look forward to?
>>
>>1080975
Search on museum or library.
OR graduate on something that will pay you the bills.
>>
>>1080975
My history professor said you're gonna wanna publish something the world is interested in right now and if you don't know what that is, get lucky and get ahead of the curve somehow.

Also, what period did you specialize in? Have you studies under the authority in said period? Cause that helps a lot.
>>
Just keep at it and do not get discouraged. You can do it!
>>
Just kill yourself now, my man.
>>
prepare yourself for unemployment son
>>
>>1080975

You're doing nothing with your degree, senpai. Try to get a job doing something or other for a medium sized but growing corporation, then specialize at that company. move up. move to a different company to increase your salary.

Market analysis uses many similar skills to a history degree.
>>
>>1080975
maybe historical consultant for tv shows or soemthing
>>
Well, I'm sure a lot of it is up to the university at which you are studying.

You should probably talk to some current or former professors about opportunities in the field. Look up someone in your department. Look up internships available to humanities/social science students.

I don't reckon that modern history is a sort of degree where you can simply obtain the diploma and have a high chance of prospering.
>>
>>1080975
go full indiana jones

just without the boring classroom scenes
>>
Write a paper on ancient aliens, the Illuminati, and ghosts. Get a job as a consultant for History channel documentaries.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.