[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his/, what cures has humanity found through animal testing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Hey /his/, what cures has humanity found through animal testing?
>>
>>1077679
The cure for scurvy
>>
I suppose smallpox and vaccination could count.
>>
>>1077679
Every pharmaceutical is tested on animals before it's stamped safe enough to begin human trials you mong
>>
>>1077679
I suppose the most high profile one was the Polio vaccine found through testing monkeys.

http://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/why/human-health/polio-vaccine/
>>
>>1077679
animal testing has led to plenty of vaccines and effective treatments for diseases.

but probably the most important aspect of animal testing is that it helps us understand diseases so we can treat it for humans in the future.

like for polio as >>1079263 said, people believed that Polio was an infectious disease, that you could get it through coughing and sneezing until testing proved that it was passed through feces and saliva.

without animal testing to so much as teach us how a disease is transmitted, we'd be just like John Snow, having to watch hundreds die of Cholera before we even had a clue how Cholera was even transmitted.
>>
>>1077696
vaccination was found through human testing
>>
>>1077679
https://www.amprogress.org/animal-research-benefits

http://www.nap.edu/read/10089/chapter/4
>>
>>1079242
This even the ones that say "NO ANIMAL TESTING" test on animals. When you see that label it just means they took the components and tested the components on animals individually while the complete product didn't get tested.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.