[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Romanticism and the Romanticists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Fragonard,_The_Swing.jpg (886 KB, 1663x2132) Image search: [Google]
Fragonard,_The_Swing.jpg
886 KB, 1663x2132
Thoughts on Romanticism and the Romanticists?
>>
inb4 dude opium lmao
>>
dude hashish lmao
>>
Romanticists were early emos and/or goths and/or alternative-pop fans
>>
is good thread
>>
By modern standards it's pretty kitschy and way too indulgent.

That famous wanderer painting is a good example. It must have been novel at the time but really pretty trite today.
>>
This painting is absolutely not Romantic though
>>
>>1069443
Yea you're right, it's Rococo, sorry
>>
>>1067912
It's ironic that the most radical art movement of time was actually reactionary. Keep in mind that french and brit romanticists might be popular but they never had the cultural impact german romanticism had on basically everywhere.
>>
File: 67725-004-0811C983.jpg (23 KB, 219x300) Image search: [Google]
67725-004-0811C983.jpg
23 KB, 219x300
>>1067912
muh feelings, the period.

the music from that time was pretty good though.
>>
>>1067912
The contrarians of their time, who themselves had a reactionary movement in response to them (Realists)

Created some very beautiful works of art for sure, and I can understand the need for a re connection to spirit and nature after the explosion of industry.
>>
>>1069466

This. Romanticist art was the equivalent of t-shirt designs you'd see sold at Hot Topic
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.