[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey first post here, just wondering what significance this has.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hey first post here, just wondering what significance this has. I have done minimal research but I know a decent bit about the books writer, Seemed like something for this board. My dads moms side of the family was really big into the kkk, My family happens to own a farmhouse that the GrandDragon of the Maryland KKK used to live in. I sadly didn't take any pictures (Besides the cover) This is a first edition of the book from late 1930-early 1940 And it is signed on the back By Oscar Plummer September 3 or 7th 1950.
I'll have to ask my grandparents but Oscar was the GrandDragon I know that much, Don't know how exactly he is related to me except that hes related through my dads moms mom. Just interesting, I own a mint condition first edition Book about a secret society and its beliefs signed by the GrandDragon of the KKK.
Discuss and Willing to answer questions.
Won't be able to get more pictures of the book till Early July this year. Leave a kik or someway for me to contact you if anyone is Interested in the Book or my Family history.
My kik is TwistedTwilight.
Fag-ish name I know.
>>
Have some Maryland kkk shenanigans http://loveandradio.org/2014/02/the-silver-dollar/
>>
File: 1374991173748.png (217 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1374991173748.png
217 KB, 200x198
>>1219104
Noice.
>>
File: 2878577349_87e7bb7f5f_z.jpg (61 KB, 491x500) Image search: [Google]
2878577349_87e7bb7f5f_z.jpg
61 KB, 491x500
>>1219104
>just wondering what significance this has.
It's a bit of an oddity. Reminds me of the Simpsons throwaway line about a rare photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore. AMORC and the Klan both had huge memberships at different points in American history, and while the two aren't connected thematically the sheer size of those memberships suggests there just had to be some overlap.
An AMORC collector might be interested in a first edition of this text but would also likely be turned off by the signature's origin. I doubt anyone affiliated with the current Klan would be interested in the text. Someone who casts a broad net of interest in Fraternities in general might consider it an interesting story attached to an otherwise unremarkable item. I personally would love to have the book on my shelf, but I don't think you'd be happy with what I'd offer for it.

Tell us more about your family's fraternal activities.
>>
>>1219252
I've done almost 0 Research on the Freemasons since everything I read seems to be 'Illuminati' Or about Aliens but I know my Dads dads brother, my Great uncle? Belings to a Freemasons lidge, I'm Pretty sure it follows something called a Scotish rite? I don't know what Degree he is and I'm not really a huge believer in the Freemason rumors, mostly again because of all the Illuminati hype But he does have a LOT of money for a Middle school principle and his wife doesn't work.
Could type more but I'm in a huge rush.
>>
Just got home, Looking to join my Lical freemasons lodge do you figure with would look good on resumes?
>>
>>1219765
>I'm Pretty sure it follows something called a Scotish rite?
That's an appendant degree system. As in, the three Craft degrees are Freemasonry, but stuff like the Royal Arch, Mark, Templar, A&AR, and so on are extra stories in similar vein.
>I don't know what Degree he is
American? Ancient & Accepted [Scottish] Rite members are 32nd in that Rite. Then they have honourifics.

>>1220884
Doubtful. Any Mason who looks over it would reject you for trying to use the society for mercenary gain.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.