[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greetings my dear fellas. I would very much appreciate if could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: asdf.jpg (6 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
6 KB, 196x257
Greetings my dear fellas. I would very much appreciate if could find a valid source for somekind of older, more traditional british english phrases, so to speak. I, myself am a finnish person who wishes to speak more fluent and pure english.
To clarify my request to you, dear gentlemen, I would like to point out that what I actually I mean are those early 20th century english phrases, words and sayings. I can only exemplify these with dialect and random words such as:
>tally-ho lads!
>bollocks
>bugger

How ever, instead of single words, I would prefer longer sentences and phrases, thank you.
>>
How about jolly good?
>>
faaaaaaackkkk oooffffffffff
>>
oi mate get yer scrawny arse out me house before i boot it into next week
>>
A few random victorian slang phrases common among the industrial lower classes:

>corr smeg me chebs
>rate paira pins on er
>manchester upon 't map

hope this helps
>>
>you muggin me off mate
are you taking the piss, friend?
>>
British English is nigger english
>>
File: average london lad.jpg (203 KB, 616x440) Image search: [Google]
average london lad.jpg
203 KB, 616x440
Safe senpai
>>
>I will knock you square out you fucking cunt

good morning, lovely day isn't it?
>>
might go t'boozer t'night see if I can get any slags to give me a nosh behind t'co-op

know what I'm saying cocker
>>
>>1061918

1611 King James bible.
>>
I'll put you on your arse with a fucking sneeze you little rent boy - no qualms
>>
>>1061936
Jolly good, sir!
That is one of my favourites.
>>
The traditional way to introduce yourself to someone upon first meeting them is 'how do you do?'

If someone says 'how do you do?' to you you're supposed to say the same thing back.
>>
>>1062021
if someone says how do you do, you're supposed to nut them right in the schnoz
>>
File: sivistynyt.jpg (5 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
sivistynyt.jpg
5 KB, 256x197
At this particular point of time, I would like to make perfectly clear, that I wish not to hear any textual representations of lower class degenerate önglis, if I may state.

It is quite alarming to read scientific studies about how low-minded scores average british youngsters obtain from english vocabulary tests, and to hear how they dare to rape The English Language.
>>
>>1062037
You talk like a fag, and your shit sounds retarded.
>>
>>1062048
And you, Sir, according to my point of view, seem like an uncivilized clodhopper.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.