[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be Napoleon Bonaparte >Tribunat, Senate, and Plebiscite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: duc d'Enghien.jpg (27 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
duc d'Enghien.jpg
27 KB, 240x300
>Be Napoleon Bonaparte
>Tribunat, Senate, and Plebiscite decide I should be called Emperor instead of Consul for life
>lol what's the difference?
>some countrymen pissed they fought revolution for nothing
>suddenly get genius idea to appease revolutionaries
>illegally kidnap a random, distant Bourbon in another country and execute him for no reason

B R A V O N A P O L E O N

How did this man come up with this masterful political move??
>>
File: 1458853645109.png (144 KB, 946x472) Image search: [Google]
1458853645109.png
144 KB, 946x472
Fuck the Bourbons tbqhwyf
>>
>>1061531
>How did this man come up with this masterful political move??
Sprung forth from his realization that everyone else was retarded and gay
>>
>>1061531
>for no reason

You mean aside from the fact he was organizing terrorist attacks?
>>
>>1061542
t. Bonaparte
>>
>>1061531
>some countrymen pissed they fought revolution for nothing
They got a Reign of Terror that was far more brutal than even the propaganda about the monarchy. At this point they were happy to claim Napoleon as one of their own and hope everyone forgets about that.
>>
File: Maximilien_de_Robespierre-1.jpg (56 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
Maximilien_de_Robespierre-1.jpg
56 KB, 480x600
>>1061531
The Duc d'Enghien was not just some distant relative.
He was an active emigre plotter to undo the revolution.
He wanted to restore feudal privilege and the monarchy.
He deserved death.

Death to aristocracy!
>>
>>1061537
>i want to establish liberty, fraternity and equality
>after i deprive the people i don't like of their liberty and murder the shit out of them, of course. "fraternity" doesn't include subhumans like them. and once there are no more subhumans we will all be equal.
w e w
e
w
>>
>>1062491
L A D
A
D
>>
>>1061531
>Duke of Enghien plots to kill Bonaparte
>Surprised when he gets killed

top kek
>>
>>1062095
Why are you posting a picture of Robespierre? He didn't want the aristocracy to die.
>>
File: Yuan_shikai.jpg (58 KB, 496x616) Image search: [Google]
Yuan_shikai.jpg
58 KB, 496x616
>>1061531
>>lol what's the difference?
>>some countrymen pissed they fought revolution for nothing
I don't get it. Why do people turn on the dictator just because he proclaims himself emperor. WHAT IS LITERAL THE DIFFERENCE? Pic related. Also happened in Mexico if I remember correctly.
>>
File: 1447045536295.jpg (76 KB, 500x866) Image search: [Google]
1447045536295.jpg
76 KB, 500x866
>>1062491
looks ok to me
>>
>>1065479
>Why do people turn on the dictator just because he proclaims himself emperor. WHAT IS LITERAL THE DIFFERENCE?
The difference is that being a dictator usually lasts only a lifetim, while being an emperor implies that someone of your family will inherit your position.
>>
>>1067478
You understand the ideals of the revolution did not depend on a democracy right?

In that time of crisis a democracy was one of the worst things for France
>>
File: 1446492486591.jpg (9 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
1446492486591.jpg
9 KB, 197x255
>>1062843
Robespierre wanted a universal egalitarian republic of virtue and justice.
He supported executing Louis XVI.
Citizen Robespierre said "This is not a trial. You are not judges. Louis is not a defendant. He is already condemned. Or the Republic is not acquitted. "

In what way did this Revolutionary giant want aristocracy of any kind?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.