[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: nigga be dissin'.png (46 KB, 220x285) Image search: [Google]
nigga be dissin'.png
46 KB, 220x285
What's your opinion on the effects the "great game" had on the world and the way history swiped both Russia and Great Britain under the rug for it.
Why were the brits so afraid of Russian expansion since there was a very small chance that they would ever be a threat to the empire
Also, do you think that if they would have realized that their rivalry would indirectly cause the destruction of european dominance over the world they would have accept more compromises
>>
The Scramble for Africa and the Great Game are different things.
>>
>>1059701
i personally find the sketch to be the best representation of british imperialism whatever the context
>>
>>1059695
shout outs to Cecil Rhodes yo
I saw his statue in Oxford recently, ppl were campaigning for it to get removed but the Uni kept it in place.
>>
Media says we have a cold war 2 on our hands.
It's actually the great game 3. The cold war was just the great game chapter 2 with the prodigal son replacing his weak father as one of the 2 main characters
>>
>>1059701
>>1059718
>>1060634
>>1060856
It's all one big Jewish plot
>>
>>1059695
I think they were scared of India falling into Russian hands more than regular old expansion. It seems outlandish but at the beginning of the 19th century the borders of India and Russia were hundreds of miles apart. Near the end it got down to almost 20. Not to mention many Indians were still bitter about losing the mutiny. The prospect of foreign invaders coming to 'liberate' them might push some over the edge to try again. Many Russian sources had been recorded talking about invasions of India, and Russia was making a railroad on their new southern territories which looked rather suspicious. If India fell the British Empire would be greatly crippled so it makes sense as to why they may be worried about any threat to it.
>>
>>1062712

That's it, time to play an EU4 game where Russia conquers India.
>>
>>1062817
Victoria II would be more accurate though in terms of time at least. Doesn't EU4 End at 1819?
>>
>>1063243
I'm waiting for Victoria 3 before I get into that series.

>comon Paradox, you know what your fans want. Make Victoria III.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.