[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's my birthday - let's play a game, /his/! Choose:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: gustave-dore-enigma2.jpg (49 KB, 800x524) Image search: [Google]
gustave-dore-enigma2.jpg
49 KB, 800x524
It's my birthday - let's play a game, /his/!

Choose:
- A year between 500 BC and 0AD
- A location for your city-state
- The composition of a 20,000 man army fielded by that city state, which must be composed only of those units fielded by nations which your locale had cultural contact with/extensive knowledge of in that time period.

Explain, for bonus points:
How your army beats the army of another poster in this thread.

I'll start:
I choose the Island of Rhodes in 200 BC.
My army is composed of a main force of 6,000 hoplites, 2,000 macedonian sarissas, 4,000 slingers, 2,000 archers, and 4,000 peltasts armed with soliferrum as well as standard javelins and short swords, trained in the Lusitanian style of warfare. These men would be supported by auxiliary wings of 800 scythian-style horse archers and 200 sarmatian-style lancers each.
>>
>>1050627
Autism
>>
>>1050627

Thats more like a /tg/ thread.
>>
>>1050627
Happy birthday, autism boy.
>>
>>1050627
>Lustitanian
Correct me if I'm wrong but that's Germanic
Also Egypt 150 B.C.
20,000 spike chariots with an assortment of spearman and archers mounting them
I beat yours if you try to leave the island
>>
10BC
The Islands of the Venetian Lagoon
10,000 Spearmen with irregular armour. 4000 Skirmishers with Javelins and small poison tipped bows. 3000 Swordsmen with bronze plate armour. 1,500 Scout Cavalry, lightly armoured on swift horses. 500 Ballista operators and 40 Ballistas. 1000 Elite infantry with spears as well as axes.

Spearmen make up the main body of the army. Skirmishers on both sides of the spear men.
Ballistas go behind the main force to fire over their heads at the enemy.
The bronze armoured swordmen stand in front of the spearmen. Light cavalry scouts go ahead to scout out the enemy and harass enemies who look weak.
Elite infantry deploy on the battlefield depending on the situation
>>
>>1050740
>Correct me if I'm wrong but that's Germanic
They're Iberians
>>
>>1050757
>The Islands of the Venetian Lagoon
Why even? At that point there were barely even fishermen there.
>>
>>1050784
OP never said that it had to be a real city state.
In my timeline there were Greek settlers and you can't prove that there weren't
>>
>>1050816
It would still make such a shit battlefield, especially since you're choosing to bring cavalry and artillery with you.
You might maybe make the Lido a decent battlefield, but everything else.. Eh. Fucking shit terrain and no space for the armies to form up.
>>
>>1050826
>Central Island is over 1 km long
>Island of Vignole which is practically empty has an area of over 200 square kilometers
>no space for the armies to form up
>>
>>1050846
Vignole was fully wooded back then and only the southern side of the central island natively had a non swampy ground.
But I mean if you wanna form up in the woods, or amidst rushes, go right ahead.
>>
>>1050683
thanks and welcome to 4chan!

>>1050740
Yeah, Iberian; west Iberian. Since you chose 20,000 chariots you can only have 1 man on each chariot; they can only fire bows from a standstill and their spears must be used one-handed.

I wreck you when you try to charge my pikes or outshoot you when you try to keep your distance with my slingers.

>>1050757
I try to keep my distance and outshoot your ballistae with slingers and archers but honestly if you close with me or manage to kill all my cavalry I will die horribly. Good build/ interdasting location; I actually think you'd do better invading me than trying to defend your mudhole.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.