[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he so brutal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Leopold_ii_garter_knight.jpg (136 KB, 695x1041) Image search: [Google]
Leopold_ii_garter_knight.jpg
136 KB, 695x1041
Why was he so brutal?
>>
>>1045825

His mom hated him
>>
>>1045825
He had a tiny dick
>>
he had a huge dick as big as his hate for niggers
>>
>>1045825
He hated being a constitutional monarch, had daddy/mommy issues and a wife who wasn't nearly as autistic as he was.
>>
>>1045825
Because people are deleusional, he most likely ignored the killings.
Think about how you feel about people dying in africa now, you could help them right?
They are just too far away to matter.
monkeysphere
>>
Great king and make Belgium powerful, u dont become superpower with peace en flowers fucking faggot
>>
>>1046434
I don't recall other superpowers cutting off people hands so they could become powerful...
>>
>>1046464
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_war_crimes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture_during_the_Algerian_War_of_Independence#Colonialism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herero_and_Namaqua_Genocide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Libya#Attitudes_and_behaviour_towards_the_Libyan_indigenous_population

Wikipedia isn't ideal, but it should get the point across that nobody's hands are clean. The Belgians didn't do anything worse than anyone else.
>>
>>1045825
I actually have to write a paper on this guy and his little Kingdom in Congo. Anyone have some good references I can use?
>>
IIRC he wasn't particularly brutal, they just didn't consider the natives as people so were more creative/flexible in acquiring labour from them.

>>1046493
King Leopold's Ghost - and its bibliography
>>
>>1046014
He also fucked a whore before he died and tried to marry her while near death and had kids with her (not eligible for the throne).
Also fucked his legit kids with wife out of money.
>>
>>1045825
Because he realize the Africans knew nothing but brutality.

Arabs made them ever more feral than they already were.

He realize he had to Genghis Khan them.
Wipe out most of the male population establish their culture and presence in order to prosper.

Punish though who wouldn't assimilate.

He was a great leader for Belgium. Only reason why they became what they were in the 1800s and 1900s.
>>
>>1046493
Mark Twain's piece on him, King Leopold's Soliloquy.
>>
>>1046508
You mean the Royal Trust? Giving it all back to Belgium and ensure prosperity?
OK...

>Muh kids wealth is more important that my Nations prosperity
>>
>>1046109
>you could help them right?

Wrong.
>>
>>1046517
Lol no he just wanted money and begged the bigger powers to get a big piece of clay.

Backstabbed and broke every single condition the powers gave him.
>>
Autism
>>
>>1046541
You could donate to charitys or travel to africa and help people, even if you disprove these ways you cannot actually be saying it is impossible to help anyone in africa at all?
>>
>>1045825
Frustrated he was a German king of a non-country.
>>
>>1046579
The main reason Africa is a shit hole today is because we keep giving aid to support the bloated population.
They need to grow up and learn the shit themselves.
>>
>>1045825
He was hungry for hands. He had the grumblies that only human hands could satisfy.
>>
>>1046109
Except he could easely have stpped the brutality.
I as a single individual can't stop the brutality in africa. Even if i don't give a shit about people in africa i am still a decent enough human being too stop the violence if i had the power too do so.
>>
>>1047992
its kinda hilarious that the worst german kings were those who actually ruled germany
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.