[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who invented special forces?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: tactical fps.png (438 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
tactical fps.png
438 KB, 420x500
Who invented special forces?
>>
Greed Shitstain, during WW2
That's why the SAS have such a reputation, even though nowdays they're just average
>>
The first modern 'special forces' were the British commando brigades formed during WW2.
>>
File: France1918.jpg (316 KB, 680x720) Image search: [Google]
France1918.jpg
316 KB, 680x720
>>1039844
Germany
>>
That really depends on how you define "Special Forces"

Spartans had a specific group of soldiers trained to slaughter uppity helots in the night. Ming Dynasty China had Mongol riders. Fucking Aztecs had Jaguar warriors.
>>
File: Raiders.jpg (16 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
Raiders.jpg
16 KB, 251x201
>>1039844
America, early on during the start of the pacific campaign the Marine raiders did alot of special operations against the Japanese.
>>
>>1039898
Elaborate on the jaguar warriors pls.
Were they riding them?
>>
>>1039931
Unfortunately nothing that cool. They were Aztec nobles who were trained to fight (unlike the typical Aztec warrior who was an untrained peasant fuccboi) and dressed up in jaguar skins.

They had cool obsidian warclubs, though.
>>
>>1039873
The Germans had the Brandenburgers before the British commandos
>>
>>1039844
I mean, if you're talking about units who specialize in unconventional warfare, then Spanish conquistadors were pretty boss at that.

If you're just talking about elite units, those have probably been around since humans started flinging shit at each other.
>>
>>1039977
>since humans started flinging shit at each other

Evolutionist detected.
>>
>>1039981
>implying that Cain didn't smother Abel in feces
It's not like he had any weapons available.
>>
>>1039990
>what is a rock
>what is a club

And they didn't look like your evolutionist neanderthal comics either.

They were extremely intelligent and strong. We're talking about the first humans here.
>>
>>1040007
>unironically debating creationism in a thread about special forces
Look, I tried to make a joking post to disarm you, go look for a more topical thread to have this conversation or make one yourself.
>>
>>1039844

Commando units that specialize in the kind of assymetric warfare commonly undertaken by modern spec ops have always been a part of military history, if I'm reading wikipedia right.

If we'e talking modern Special Forces units, ie, the SAS, Delta Force, Navy SEALS, UDT teams and their ilk, David Stirling, in 1940-1941. Who was a part of a Commando unit, which Britain has had historically, starting from the Gurkha Scouts and the Corps of Guides (in 1846).
>>
>>1040007
>>1039981

Fuck you, we DRIVEBY PLANE SHOOTING NOW.
>>
Depends on what you mean by special forces OP. The Romans had deep recon/infiltration units that would qualify in my eyes.
>>
>>1039981
retard detected
>>
>>1039981
Do you actually think this is an insult?

Are you Hovind-anon?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.