[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why isnt the book of apocrypha in the bible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: apocrypha.png (808 KB, 354x532) Image search: [Google]
apocrypha.png
808 KB, 354x532
why isnt the book of apocrypha in the bible?
>>
I am sorry OP, but this is something that's so really easy to google, why can't you just do that?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_apocrypha
>>
>>1037083
Because its apocrypha.

That's like asking why the color Red isn't Blue?
>>
>>1037090
Because the matter that the light is reflected at attracts all wave-lengths that isn't red.
It's a rather complicated question, really.
>>
>>1037100
Okay Mr smarty-pants
>>
>>1037083
The Oxford Press King James Bible comes with the Apocyrpha
>>
>>1037140
So, both of them are more complicated than it looks like.
>>
>>1037090
>Because its apocrypha.

That's a tautology.

Apocryphal texts are apocryphal simply because they are excluded from the canon, not conversely.
>>
File: pope francis book heavy.jpg (52 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
pope francis book heavy.jpg
52 KB, 480x320
It is in the Bible, Anon. It's in the REAL Bible.
>>
>>1037083
Don't Catholics have this?
>>
File: thomas more.jpg (3 MB, 2472x3126) Image search: [Google]
thomas more.jpg
3 MB, 2472x3126
>>1037083
The KJV you posted is in the Vulgate, aka the Bible.
>>
>>1037083

The so-called "apocryphal" books are in the Bible, and are just as valid as the rest of the Old Testament.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.