[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of existence? Isn't it all for naught,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Planet_Earth.jpg (782 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Planet_Earth.jpg
782 KB, 1000x1000
What is the point of existence?

Isn't it all for naught, ultimately?

I am trapped inside a decaying ball of fat stuck inside a decaying cage of bones and meat. I will experience pain, discomfort, sorrow, anguish, guilt, and envy today, tomorrow, the day after, and every day thereafter until the electrical impulses in the ball of fat can no longer be sustained.

After that I, like uncountable trillions of existences before me, will simply disappear.

What was the point of my coming here? Is this just a sick joke?
>>
To be a fag.
>>
>I am trapped inside a decaying ball of fat stuck inside a decaying cage of bones and meat
What is this "I" you're talking about? You sound like a Cartesian dualist. The first thing to do is stop being retarded.
>>
>>1036433
Anal sex.
>>
>>1036436
Tried it. It was fleeting, unfulfilling, and meaningless, just like all the other experiences I have had.
>>
>>1036443
Tried it. It did nothing for me. It led me to no greater truth, no enlightenment, no elucidation, no revelation. Just a shitty condom.
>>
>>1036433
>What was the point of my coming here?

There is no point, other than the one you create.

Is this just a sick joke?

No.
>>
>>1036433
To serve God. If you don't believe me go read Ecclesiastes.
>>
Ultimately you're just bound by will, so it's only natural to follow it to where it'll lead you.
>>
>>1036433
>What is the point of existence
Enjoy yourself because there is none.
>>
>>1036460

Try harder you dickweasel.
>>
>>1036433
>>What was the point of my coming here? Is this just a sick joke?
Memes my lost friend, memes.
>>
>>1036433
To entertain whatever gods exist out there
Now dance you filthy fucking monkey
>>
>>1036433
you were always here, your particles were just strewn across the planet and earlier space

you are probably not even the person you were 5 minutes ago, certainly not the person you were years ago since the particles in your brain right now are constantly being replaced and will be gone eventually in about 8 years

just wing it as best you can space robot
>>
>>1036443
This.
>>
>>1036433
>I am trapped inside a decaying ball of fat stuck inside a decaying cage of bones and meat.

more like inside a decaying ball of fat stuck inside a decaying cage of bones and meat in inside a decaying cage of fat

t b h
>>
>>1036433
>Existential crisis thread #37935
>>
>>1036433
'What is the color of existance?'

That's how stupid you are.

Point and purpose are for hammers, pencils, buildings, the dewey decimal system e.t.c.

You are a confused human being.
>>
>>1036433
>Isn't it all for naught, ultimately?
Yes, now get over it you fucking drama queen.
God, shit like this ticks me right off. There not being any "point" to existence besides simply trying to make the most of it is just such a silly thing to be upset about.

I will admit that the prospect of completely ceasing to exist at some point is scary, though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.