[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would have European geopolitics (and implicitly history)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: doubleeagle.png (252 KB, 402x408) Image search: [Google]
doubleeagle.png
252 KB, 402x408
How would have European geopolitics (and implicitly history) developed had the Habsburg paved the way to the German nation state instead of the Prussians?
>>
>>1031991
they wouldn't have
>>
I am rather sure that we would have to change lots and lots of things to make Austria able to unite Germany.
I would say it became impossible after the transformation into the double Monarchy,
>>
>>1032003
What would've happened if Prussia didn't score victory after victory?
>>
>>1032010
If Austria didn't support Prussia during their invasion of Denmark then had Russia and France join in to stop this grab for power maybe.
The problem is, I don't think Austria was strong enough to beat France, and they would probably never allow Austria to unite most of Germany.
>>
>>1032010
Prussia couldn't not win. Prussia was too based
>>
>>1031991
It would have been a horrible experience for everyone involved.
>>
>>1032003
Nation states were pretty much inevitable, so to me it seems that with a Habsburgic Empire with most German populated lands in its territory either the rising national sentiments of the other nations would've led to a break up in which the German core would've remained and the Empire would've become a nation state or the revolts of the other nationalities would've been clenched by a greater German presence and the state would still have reformed into a nation state similar to Russia(dominant German culture and identity with other butchered, semi-assimilated nationally locally).
>>
>>1032051
nationalities*
>>
>>1032051

While I agree that nation states were inevitable, I still believe that the rest of the German kings would have never accepted Austrian primacy.
>>
>>1032019
>I don't think Austria was strong enough to beat France

Why speculate when a war occured between them in that period

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Italian_War_of_Independence

Austria was what it always have been: shit at war
>>
>>1032071
>Austria makes an ultimatum
>No chance to win the war they start
Why do they always do that?
>>
>>1031991
The House of Habsburg had no interest in a German nation state. They ruled a multi-ethnic Empire and cared about maintaining their own territory. They were opponents of nationalism, since nationalism was taking their Empire apart.
>>
>>1032386
But they contested Prussian expansionism and perceived the lands of the HRE(which composed most of the German populated areas) as their rightful domain.
>>
File: prussia pro.jpg (114 KB, 457x450) Image search: [Google]
prussia pro.jpg
114 KB, 457x450
>>1032023
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.