[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since the last thread got archived with only one reply I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: The-Martinist-Pentacle.jpg (74 KB, 176x173) Image search: [Google]
The-Martinist-Pentacle.jpg
74 KB, 176x173
Since the last thread got archived with only one reply I'm gonna post this again.

I need all the sources you have on:

1) Freemasonry

2) Rosicrucianism

3) Martinism

Academic and sacred texts are both good.
I already know about Lewis Masonic and McCoy.
>>
>>1010454
Look in the archives for threads made by the ape of thoth or go to x if you want good answers
>>
>>1010454
Tobias Churton is good. But those two really cover everything. You just need to know how to use them.
>>
>rich people
>>
>>1010454
Forgot to ask last thread, but what about them and why these subjects in particular, OP?
>>
File: 1459366007818.jpg (52 KB, 650x634) Image search: [Google]
1459366007818.jpg
52 KB, 650x634
>>1010454
Congrats, OP. If you weren't on a list before, you are now.
>>
>>1011315

According to the book Hegel and the Hermetic Tradition, as well as other sources I have, Freemasonry, the Rosicrucians, and the Martinists all had an impact on GWF Hegel's idealism. If that is true, then I think I should learn more about them to help understand their impact on Hegel.

Also, due to an interest in secret societies in general, I had been wanting to learn about these three schools of thought for sometime now, but never got around to it.

Now I have a second reason to, so I think it is time.
>>
>>1011327
>muh Illumernati
>>
File: rosicrucian.gif (10 KB, 276x328) Image search: [Google]
rosicrucian.gif
10 KB, 276x328
>>1010454
I know a bit about Rosicrucianism, though I never delved into it. It plays into Jewish mysticism as their Rosicrucian Cross uses lettering from the Qabalah. Pic related is the cross.

Within those spaces of the rose go the 22 Hebrew letters (3 inner + 7 mid + 12 out). Those numbers are very much related to Christian mythology but doesn't confine itself to Christianity

Fun fact: Aleister Crowley printed the Rosicrucian Cross on the back of the cards of his Thoth tarot deck

Info on the Qabalah to come
>>
File: TreeOfLife.jpg (112 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
TreeOfLife.jpg
112 KB, 1000x1000
>>1011429
Pic related is the Qabalah. It is basically the centerpiece to Western mysticism and is practiced in nearly every occult tradition out there that extends even vaguely outside of Paganism. This is the format by which God shattered light and allowed it to settle into reality

The ten sefiroth are a combo of the classical elements save earth, and the seven planetary spheres. Alchemy, astrology, and Qabalah are the basic building blocks to Hermeticism

These secret societies have degrees of initiation that mimic certain "laws" that I suppose are related to the Qabalah and these principles, probably most accurately portrayed through Tarot. Personally I don't know how well connected the Catholic church and these societies were, but the secret societies are almost certainly the centerpost of where the church got its power

Idk if you're looking for more practicy stuff or what, just let me know what you're looking for. Kind of spurged everything out but I can refine based on what you want to know
>>
>>1011359
Fair enough. With that in mind I'd refine the recommendations a bit.
1) Read the Craft rituals (if you're not intending to join at any point). JSM Ward does a series of books which cover the philosophical side a bit, and Revd. George Oliver's The History of Initiation should help there.
2) The Fama+Confessio Fraternitatas is obviously where you'd start. Then Tobias Churton's book, The Invisibles covers them quite well. After that check out the things which they cover, like medicine, Qabalah (Josephus is good there), lexiology, gematria, alchemy (too many to list), and so on.
3) That's really the hard one beyond the original writings. All i can think of are the Martinist degrees of Masonry, which only really make sense when you've been through the preceding steps.
>>
>>1011327
Who cares man, the illuminati is the the counter anonymous anyways. Humans are genuinely monkeys who don't understand the power of thoughts until they do drugs. The resistance never hid in the first place. Brains change hardcore when you do mushrooms and LSD.
>>
File: 8324512.jpg (40 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
8324512.jpg
40 KB, 700x468
>>1010454
Rosicrucians have put out 3 manifestos iirc:
"Echoes of the Fraternity of the Most Praiseworthy Order of the Rosicrucians"

"Confessions of the Enigmatic Brotherhood of the Most Honorable Rose-Cross"

and of course "The Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreuz".

Figures to look into are Samuel Richter, Stanislas de Guaita, Irenee Agnostus, Robert Fludd, and of course Christian Rosen Kreuz.

For Freemasons, have you looked into the Anderson Constitutions?
>>
File: 1458771564011.jpg (31 KB, 388x369) Image search: [Google]
1458771564011.jpg
31 KB, 388x369
>>1011568
Fair enough.
I just hope you're comfy with having every single detail, thought, and dream analyzed and used against you. When you start meeting people who's eyes move around alot (as if they're looking at your ears, throat, top of your head) when you're talking to them, assume you're in the fishbowl.
Good luck. Might want to learn to stay calm in hostile environments via meditation/mindfulness before they burn you.
>>1011411
That term is too nebulous. It would be more accurate to say The Corporate Famalamiglia.
>>
>>1011740
Anderson's are a bit dated.
>>
as (>>1011117) said, ape of thoth has a neat library of all things occult here

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!tARWRYZa

you might want to check at least Hermeticism and Freemasonry folders, but I also recommend you checking out neoplatonism, kabbalah and perhaps golden dawn folders at least
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.