[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
newfag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: theme.png (283 KB, 1012x565) Image search: [Google]
theme.png
283 KB, 1012x565
Hi /gd/, good morning.

Can anyone enlighten me about HTML, please?

I was given the task to modify my current job website, which was made on Wordpress. I found a HTML theme that I'm gonna edit with our info but we also have an online store and blog. I'm aware that we need and admin panel, so we can easily add products to the shop, posts to the blog, content to the site etc.
I never really got in touch with HTML, and I have this doubt: if I buy the theme and an admin panel theme, how is the link between them made?
Would it be easier if I just bought their Wordpress theme instead of HTML? It is more expensive but if it's gonna save me from some headache I think it's better.

Thanks!
>>
>>274830
my dude wordpress is set up so you just buy a theme and drop it into the CMS (which is what I assume you mean by admin panel)
as for the blog, wordpress is blogging software, and really I'd imagine you could just get shopify to work for your store.
>>
>>274831
yes, it's CMS!
we already have the shop and blog set up, it's just that our current theme is pure shit, I advised them to make a new website from scratch, but for now we're just buying a new theme
do you know if it's possible to edit the theme before publishing it? If I have to upload it and remove the old site white I live edit it it's gonna be a problem...
>>
>>274834
*while I live edit
>>
>>274834
no idea man, i don't see why you wouldn't be able to set up a page and edit the theme on that before going live
>>
>>274838
It's just that there is no option for it, other than previewing the theme I assume. But I think there are plugins for that. Thanks bro
>>
>>274839
you could set it up on a free .wordpress.com blog and set it up how you want, so at least you know how/what to do quickly when you put it on the live video
>>
Wordpress allows you to upload a new theme and preview it with your current site's content without pushing it live. In that same preview you can edit the theme. Take into account that not all themes allow you edit every aspect of it (unless you make changes through a child css theme).
>>
>>274834
I'm a full time freelance web dev, you have no idea what you've getting yourself into
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.