[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unless I have to design an illustrative logo, this is usually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: best-logo-2013-8.jpg (10 KB, 459x367) Image search: [Google]
best-logo-2013-8.jpg
10 KB, 459x367
unless I have to design an illustrative logo, this is usually how I design logos. however, I've been told by professors and other students and designers online that I should be unifying my text with the icon. would changing the text color to a color scheme that matches the icon fall under unity or do I have to include another additional element to tie an icon to its text?

pic related but it isn't my logo, its just how I prefer to design iconic logos.
>>
File: Untitled-1.gif (18 KB, 600x1130) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.gif
18 KB, 600x1130
>>274414
>I've been told by professors and other students and designers online that I should be unifying my text with the icon.

What they mean is that the type should reflect the style/feel of the logo.

Think about the Nike swoosh and its logotype. They're recognizable separately, they work together, and you don't need color to identify them.
>>
>>274414
Previous poster is right. Look at your example, Antarctica. The shape of the penguin mimics the shape of the lowercase 'a'. So even though the icon and type are physically separate, they're still unified
>>
>>274415
>>274420

alright, thats what I was hoping.

I appreciate the insight, I feel like now I can stop trying to force elements. people kept suggesting to try adding a background to every logo I did and it was driving me crazy. Or they would suggest connecting the icon to the text which I think does work in some situations nicely but It doesn't mean I want every logo I make to be designed that way.
>>
>>274414
Maybe try to find a typeface that resembles the A on the penguin a bit more, that could help unify the pictogram and wordmark
>>
>>275121
>pic related but it isn't my logo, its just how I prefer to design iconic logos.
please read before you type
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.