[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In need of some Illustrator assistance The top is text and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: examplex.jpg (212 KB, 1363x577) Image search: [Google]
examplex.jpg
212 KB, 1363x577
In need of some Illustrator assistance

The top is text and the bottom is that same
text converted to curves. I need the text
converted to curves but without the overlaps
that can been in the bottom text.

I have a feeling rasterizing the text may be the
answer but doing that reduces the quality to
an unusable state.
>>
be seen**
>>
>>273300
expand it to shapes
>>
>>273302
then use pathfinder to merge the shapes
>>
>>273302
>>273303
Genius, thanks. Literally 2 clicks
>>
File: illsmer.jpg (35 KB, 528x552) Image search: [Google]
illsmer.jpg
35 KB, 528x552
I have another question, using this thread to
save making another.

After expanding and converting to objects, I
have an issue where the outline is cut even
after merging. How do I merge them all so that
outline (circled in red) does not exist?
>>
>>273797
"M" is text with white fill and black stoke if that helps
>>
bump bump
>>
>>273797
>I heard make them one shape
Select both and make them a shape going through that line. Shift+M
>>
use the appearance palette.

drag the stroke so that it's underneath the fill when the letters are selected. no need to expand. just might need to make the stroke thicker.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.