[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WAYWOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11
File: WAYWOT.jpg (2 MB, 2142x2142) Image search: [Google]
WAYWOT.jpg
2 MB, 2142x2142
>What Are You Working On Today - Thread

Show what you're up to, get constructive critique, advice, praise and insulted.

>pic related is my addition to the thread.
>>
>>272957
wtf is that annoying white glow to the left of the horned head?
>>
>>273100
Not OP, but I'm not sure I can tell what you're referring to. Elaborate?
>>
>>272957
What font is that, OP? I like it.
>>
>>273124
Bump
>>
File: banner.jpg (646 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
banner.jpg
646 KB, 2560x1440
>>
Working on my website. Not too web design savvy. historicwaterproofing.com
>>
>>273130
too much stuff going on the M seems too big. i liked the typography but the position of the illustration doesn't seem right try with him at the top or on the left. also the tagline could look better at the center with more space between each letter.
>>
>>273130
make the dropshadow less
>>
Good job bro !
>>
>>273139
I agree with the tagline thing, but the position of the illustration can't be moved to the top or to the left, cause its a banner made for a youtube channel, so only the center will show up. If I move, it will show up cropped or not show up at all.
Thanks for the advice tho!

>>273143
I've already seen people talking about "agressive" dropshadows before. I personaly like it that way, but idk, is this kind of strong shadow considered wrong/unaesthetic, or these are just personal preferences from different artists?
>>
File: bbbbb.jpg (384 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bbbbb.jpg
384 KB, 800x600
>>273100
I erased some of the texture behind the head so that the graphic is clearer.

>>273124
>>273128
Slack Hands font, its awesome af.

>>273149
Thanks mate!
>>
>>272957
I think i just ran into what i guess is your behance.
I happen to be a huge fan of B&W illustration, and your work is amazing.
>>
>>273168
I haven't posted this on my behance (yet) so I'd be surprised if you did manage to track it down.

If that is me, then thank you! I really appreciate it!
>>
File: Magnum.png (2 MB, 877x1240) Image search: [Google]
Magnum.png
2 MB, 877x1240
I posted this kind of thing a few month ago for The Knight Rider. I'm doing another for Magnum P.I. But its kind of shittier since i'm making it in a hurry.
>>
File: K2000-web-clean.png (1 MB, 877x1240) Image search: [Google]
K2000-web-clean.png
1 MB, 877x1240
>>273171
First one
>>
>>272957
Are your initials R.B.?
>>
>>273211
No, no. You probably mistook me for someone else.
>>
Made this my earlier today, really interested on what people think of it.
>>
File: snatcher jcard wip.jpg (844 KB, 831x830) Image search: [Google]
snatcher jcard wip.jpg
844 KB, 831x830
Already posted this in the feedback thread, but I'm after some critique so I might as well cast my net wide.

It's a J-card for the first in a line of cassette tape soundtracks for retro games. I don't have any real graphic design experience so I'm flying by the seat of my pants and using my own judgement as best I can. Also not my deviantart, I just edited some of his work.
>>
>>273348
Not bad. It has the atmosphere you're looking for. I'd maybe suggest a slight texturing and a bit of color contrast and saturation tampering on the skull.

An idea: maybe you can try to emulate old/shoddy offset printing works by making a CMYK separation and then moving the Y or M color channel to the side to give the effect.

But then again that can look great or mess up your work.

The bottom line is that you got it down. Its something I'd have expected out of Japan back in the late 80s early 90s.
>>
>>273389
Good advice, thanks man.

I'll give it a try and see how it turns out. Glad to hear it's pretty much hitting the mark, though.
>>
File: yo1.jpg (1 MB, 2048x758) Image search: [Google]
yo1.jpg
1 MB, 2048x758
Some cocktail bar illustrations...
..crit me.
>>
>>273328
It's not great design but for youtube it's eye catching and a lot better then the meta.
>>
>>273414
Thanks, it's really just supposed to be a stupid popart thing.
>>
>>273415
It works, I picture an urban neckbeard that hopes to get a paid comedy series one day
>>
File: snatcherwip 2.jpg (899 KB, 856x818) Image search: [Google]
snatcherwip 2.jpg
899 KB, 856x818
>>273348
>>273389
Feedback taken on board, The CMYK trick didn't really work out, but it was worth a try. I'm happy with it though, I'm pretty much ready to call this the finished product unless anyone thinks there's anything that can be done to drastically improve it.

Thanks for your help, I reckon it paid off.
>>
>>273406
Looks pretty good. The illustrations could tessellate better, though. The odd edge that doesn't line up throws it off just enough to be jarring.

What application is it going to have? Personal project or commercial?
>>
File: eagleeagle.jpg (599 KB, 1100x1049) Image search: [Google]
eagleeagle.jpg
599 KB, 1100x1049
Converting some of my older watercolors into designs for tshirts and posters, c&c welcome.
>>
File: itfollowsnew.jpg (5 MB, 2067x2953) Image search: [Google]
itfollowsnew.jpg
5 MB, 2067x2953
I made this for college.
>>
>>273328
I think if you want to repeat the hot dog Jesus, you can do it more than twice, but might detract from the rest of the image.
>>
>>273447
Pretty nice. I could believe it as an official poster.

I'm immediately aware that the two trees that make up the index, middle and ring fingers are just floating with no trunk supporting them, but I'm not sure how legitimate a complaint that is.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.