[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Offset printing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: fetttttttttttttttttttttttt.png (62 KB, 581x578) Image search: [Google]
fetttttttttttttttttttttttt.png
62 KB, 581x578
how do I prepare a book for offset printing? i'm using InDesign CS6
>jpg off
>>
>>272797
Talk about it to the guy in charge of the print.
Seriously.
>>
>>272805
Doing it for myself.
>>
>>272807
Like you got your own offset printer?
>doubt.png
>>
>>272820
I got it a year ago and was working on fixing all the damage that it had before I decided to use it. Still have no idea how to prepare a book for printing in these monsters.
>>
>>272841
Time to try some test prints OP. Cool that you got your own shop btw.
>>
>>272841
>>272862
Oh, it should also be possible to hire someone to come out and help you set it up. I would recommend this if you've got $200-300 in your budget for it.
>>
File: 1281340707142708.jpg (47 KB, 428x500) Image search: [Google]
1281340707142708.jpg
47 KB, 428x500
>>272863
Worked on Star Princess for 14 years as a photographer and now i am retiring since I made enough money to make my own printing company.
Hired a 5 men team to help me fix it. They will be paid when they start working with the company.
>>
That's cool OP! I've been preparing a zine for offset printing and the typhography guys asked me to send them a pdf file where every different colour (I'm using two colours) is a 100% of either C M Y K. The file also needs 0,3 mm of bleed.
Then on a separate file we indicated where the paper needs to be cut and folded.
Not sure this is what you're looking for but yeah
>>
>>272873
Is it worth it to set up a factory and buy equipment? Is it possible to send electronic files off-shore, getting it printed cheaply in Malaysia or China?
>>
>>272888
It's worth since i am already getting business propositions from other companies. The printing press I have is Akiyama mega jprint 44. Gonna put it to use in the middle of next week I hope.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.