[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think? Commencing dump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10
File: Dawn of the Dead poster_00000.png (1 MB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of the Dead poster_00000.png
1 MB, 650x1000
What do you think? Commencing dump
>>
DOTD... makes me think of Polish poster art.
>>
The other one
>>
>>271642
Fuck that plain font makes it look like a school assignment
>>
>>271642
the zombie silhouette is a different shade of black than the text directly next to it.
>>
File: Dead Trilogy_00000.png (4 MB, 1950x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dead Trilogy_00000.png
4 MB, 1950x1000
>>271663
Yeah, I know. But I kept it like that. Is it bad?

>>271657
The font on the title or the actors' names?
>>
>>271665
just a bit inconsistent. in my experience it's best to have a stricter color scheme especially when there are only 3 colors in the design itself.
>>
>>271681
Sure thing senpai. Here's the last one I made. I'll keep posting more as I make them
>>
File: Dead Trilogy_00000_00000_00000.png (4 MB, 1950x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dead Trilogy_00000_00000_00000.png
4 MB, 1950x1000
Updated all three and switched the fonts to Century Gothic
>>
File: Amityville 1-4 posters_00000.png (4 MB, 2595x1000) Image search: [Google]
Amityville 1-4 posters_00000.png
4 MB, 2595x1000
Moar posters
>>
>>271755
I don't think geometric sans is the way to go here.
>>
>>272255
What are your suggestions? Also, what about the Amityville ones?
>>
>>272257
I'm shit at choosing fonts, so I'm not the best person to respond to that. Maybe a condensed, traditional looking serif?
>Amityville
The only thing that stands out to me is line spacing in the 4th one.
>>
File: amity4front_NEW.jpg (3 MB, 1242x2223) Image search: [Google]
amity4front_NEW.jpg
3 MB, 1242x2223
>>272258
The line spacing is on purpose, that's how it was in the original poster (pic related)
>>
I think these are pretty good for fan art. A lot better than movie posters I've made.
>>
File: Amityville 2 poster.png (1 MB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
Amityville 2 poster.png
1 MB, 650x1000
>>272308
Thanks anon
>>
File: TheThing AltPoster.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
TheThing AltPoster.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>271755
no offense but these look like the first draft of the posters. Sorry, not a fan of these. I would like to something more original.
Pic Related: Totally reworked movie poster with the same feel as the original.
I believe if you played with your options more, you'd be able to created something completely new.
good luck.
>>
>>272340
Thanks for the contribution, man. I'll definitely up the ante for the next ones.

Also, love that Thing poster.
>>
>>271642
zombie silhouette is an action figure, isn't it.
>>
>>272755
No, it's a vector
>>
>>272340
No offense, but I hate mondo posters and that kind of poster ''redesign'' trend.

They almost always take a great poster, remove the excellent typography and replace every element with ''minimal'' vector art...Its a hack job all around
>>
File: the-thing.jpg (183 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
the-thing.jpg
183 KB, 768x1024
>>273355
I don't like poster redesigns either (such a neckbeard thing) but to offer a counterpoint, unlike most of those vectors artists mondo actually plays around with style and composition and creates some cool posters.This is their version of The Thing
>>
>>272257
Not that anon but a good part of poster design is about getting the contrast right.
– light/dark - complex areas/simple areas - colorful/monochromatic - combination of all –

Fonts obey to the same rules and especially when it comes to choose a weight.
If your zombies poster series looks weird, maybe you should keep a simple, classic font and play with its weight (and maybe letterspace).
The first 2 you showed were better because the century gothic used in the next (image of 3 posters) doesn't feel sturdy enough.
You should first have an idea of the contrast needed, then find a font, then adjust the weight to match your needed contrast.

Same goes for the first amityville poster' quote, you should consider that this area's contrast isn't very good.
How about downscaling it a bit. I realize you want that exclamation effect, but you can achieve it by using either another font or weight.

On your amityville 4 poster, indeed the big linespacing feels weird. Maybe you could change the text's color? (red or matching the purple hues of the house would be my guess).
The reason the big linespacing on the original one doesn't look awkward is because of its color matching the sky.

Other than that, your amityville 2 and 3d are solid and that's probably because contrast is good.
Your zombie ones are pretty good too. Only things bugging me are these baselines.
First version of the orange one is fine tho.

Side note: I agree with that anon >>271681
using the same black troughout your poster will be more professional looking and will emulate an overprint on the yellow round (if you use the zombie's black which looks lighter).
>>
>>273616
Wow thanks for the feedback! I'll keep working on them and maybe play around with the taglines and contrasts
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.