[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck do I do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: fuckityfuckfuck.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fuckityfuckfuck.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Okay so I am interested in graphic design but the only thing I have ever done is mess around with photoshop for the past 2 years but now I want to be serious about it. My question is, is there any good tutorials anywhere and can you name some good software that will help me?
I am fucking clueless
>>
>>271535
InDesign
>>
>>271535
not sure if bait but go here >>264427 and download/read everything you can (start with Essential graphic design concepts pdf and also Computer Arts Book of Inspiration)
for photoshop try this playlist
>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-JaS2gMwAz00gRgqOIBoNQPqPV64cf5Z
and here's a type lecture:
>https://vimeo.com/15175486
>>
>>271535
Illustrator and some schooling; have fun.
>>
How about you go to school and get graduated (if you havent) and after that go to an Art school or design school and get a degree in Bachelor Arts (or whatever they call it in your country) for Graphic Design. This way it may be (hint: MAY BE) easier to get a job since they know u already know what to do... BUT after all your portfolio is the most importabt
>>
>>271571
The thing is is that I don't want to have a job as a graphic designer, I just want to do it in my free time as a hobby
>>
You wanna know the real foolproof way to get into graphic design? Hang around designers. And artists and architects, if you can. Online and in real life.

People will tell you all kind of stuff about tutoring, reading, practicing. The truth is that when it comes to art, being connected and inspired is the only real motor (and art school have understood that for a long time). You can become great at design in 12 hours if you've lived around graphic design your whole life. If you haven't, well it's time to start.
>>
File: 2test0103.png (795 KB, 2360x3940) Image search: [Google]
2test0103.png
795 KB, 2360x3940
>>271535
invent in a digital tutors account. aka, get your mum to buy it for you

do the tutorials in order, no skipping. start doing work for free for as many people as you can. if you can do this while going to art college.

you nail it

source > i draw pictures all day for a living
>>
>>271944
invest** you'll**
>>
>>271571
>>271944
>>271535

Fuck school. Make a great portfolio and then apply for positions and the work comes in.
>>
>>271948
its a confidence thing. its also good for meeting people
>>
>>272013
>i paid tens of thousands of dollars for a social experience xD hehe~
>>
that is why i am creating a free online graphics club to share and request help
PM ME bluebrad
>>
>>272425
>Graphics design
is that your personal blog? or do you other people already
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.