[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motion Graphics thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (33 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
33 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone here have any experience in motion graphics? I recently found out this is a real job and they're looking for people so I put together this little demo reel:
https://youtu.be/mAB1z0y-fDU

What do you guys think? Its not completely finished so any criticism would be appreciated!
Also, if anyone has any work done already Id love to see it!
>>
>>270120
i really really really like this image
>>
how many threads did you make on /gd/ ? This in't your blog. I remember your frenchfag name and your dorky logo.

Anyway, there are tons of people who study motion graphics as their major, and they are VERY good (I don't do it myself, but here's one of my friend's reel https://vimeo.com/63595565).
It's a high-stakes business and you really need to master 3d as well as 2d, plus having original style(s). But it's a rewarding discipline if youre ready to devote your life to it, and you get a lot more creative freedom than in graphic design.
>>
So far it looks good OP, but a few things I would do different are:

- Adjust some colors. For example: The circle containing 'hi' at the very start curses with the background color. Also the background color of the slide with the Adobe logos don't match color wise

- Do something more with de last half minute. It's a bit boring compared to the rest of your video. As it contains less movement, you could say there is a style difference. Do something with the cat for example, or chop up the information you want to bring across in smaller packs

Good luck!
>>
>>270135
busted I guess. This is the second thread I made, sorry if Im breaking the rules. I guess I'll go back to my tumblr blog with my 5 sad followers.
Thanks for the advice, I just started getting into 3d and I'm really hoping to grow in it. I didn't study animation, but I've been doing 2d animation for 10 years so I got foundations down. Your friend has a lot of neat effects but his actual animation is not that good really. I've noticed a lot of motion graphic artist their work lack weight.

>>270138

Thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do!
>>
This is very well done and I can tell it took a lot of effort, especially the 3D monitor thing. What did you do that in? Keep up the good work and make some sample projects and a site, you'll get hired soon for sure.
>>
>>270135
It's not really a motion graphics reel though. It's a motion graphic showcasing his work, a lot of which isn't motion at all.

>>270120
As I kinda said above. You're not showcasing motion very much, if it's a motion graphic specific job then you might want to throw in some actual mograph stuff you've made. If this is just a general resume type thing I think it's fucking great.

It showcases your work and skill decently, just make sure you have somewhere static to view high-res version of your work. It's a cute little way of promoting yourself though.

The pacing in a few areas is off imo. Where the icons are coming up for the programs you know, that needs to be a lot faster. The end I don't think needs to be as long as it is, but I see why you did that.

The end screen I don't like. The paint splotches don't go with the rest of the flat graphic style of the rest of it / your work so I wouldn't suggest using that. Also srsly update your business card, that looks really boring and awful for a designer. Remember your grid structure, hierarchy etc.

-

I wish I was better at motion graphics. I took a class last semester for my major but it was literally a professor putting on lynda tutorials and not doing anything, I made some ok stuff but nothing really portfolio worthy. I need to practice more but it's hard to find the sheer hours it takes me to learn AE.
>>
>>270120
Definatley showcases your skills with being able to use the programs because AF gets pretty tricky after so props to that, I think the content is a little cheesy but I don't really think that's the point, I understood it more as filler to show what you can do which is fine imo. Keep it up mane
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.