[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I make this poster better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: rsz_heine.jpg (2 MB, 2483x3510) Image search: [Google]
rsz_heine.jpg
2 MB, 2483x3510
How can I make this poster better?
>>
>>269484
Anyone please any suggestions?
>>
tell me what your goal is, then maybe i can help you
>>
File: 1438596456722.jpg (149 KB, 824x550) Image search: [Google]
1438596456722.jpg
149 KB, 824x550
>>269485
watch
https://vimeo.com/16833435
don't use a red block as background (make it everything white and text black) the picture is awfully placed (there's an option on indesign to make the text wrap around a picture.)
>>
Generally centered text demands more cognitive work which makes it harder to read and should therefore be aligned to the left.

If you are going to justify text you need to manually adjust the spacing between your words to avoid weird hyphenating and holes in your columns.

You don't need five different font sizes, you need to increase your leading and cursive on whole blocks of text is unnecessary.

Regarding the copy, I would lead with some short information about the poem before writing it out, it works both as an introduction and will tease the reader a tiny bit.
>>
>>269484
1) ctrl+a
2) del
???
3) better poster
>>
>>269484

This is not a poster.

This is a giant flyer.

You suck.
>>
Did you even consider a grid system with clearly defined gutters before throwing this shit together, or what?

Those blocks on the right hand aren't even aligned with each other, your photo awkwardly juts into the top right grey block, and what the fuck is the bottom of this poster even FOR? You're not making a website here, so WHY?!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.