[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is the best for /gd/?? currently i'm sold to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Which one is the best for /gd/?? currently i'm sold to the ASUS GL552 mostly because of the display, but other than that, what would you recoommend getting instead?
>>
>gayming laptops
Build a desktop
>>
>>268647
macbook pro
>>
>>268706
This. A second-hand macbook pro.
Fuck my UHD laptop screen, Windows can't into scaling.
>>
>>268709
Install Gentoo
>>
File: 1442261324722.png (232 KB, 640x510) Image search: [Google]
1442261324722.png
232 KB, 640x510
>>268710
this tbqh famalami

just dont forget the $50 thinkpad and you're good to go
>>
>>268647
The dell has more vram and an SSD. Both pretty usefull for video editing. But if you want proper bang for your buck I'd agree with the Asus. Screen size helps a lot when doing art, performance can be compromised imo
>>
>>268706
Third. If you are serious about graphic design, you will eventually need a mac book (or that sweet 5K iMac).

>I say this when my personal laptop is a MSI Dom Pro
>>
>>268900
>>268709
Purge this filthy Apple superiority complex
>>
File: obama_laughing_face-600x460.jpg (43 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
obama_laughing_face-600x460.jpg
43 KB, 600x460
>>268900
>you will eventually need a mac book
>>
I personally always go for either thinkpads, dell precision or dell latitudes, because I'm confident in the build quality, but spec-wise all of the laptops except for the last one you posted seem pretty much adequate.

If you're going to do any amount of serious 3D rendering on the GPU, the 4GiB GDDR5 on the Inspiron will be a big bonus

I would prefer an i7 over an i5, but it's not that big a deal

I run 16GiB of RAM on all my machines, but 8 is fine too

SSD is a must, IMO, fuck computers without it. I'd rather take half the capacity (and use an external harddrive/cloud-storage in a pinch) than have slow-spinning rust-platters. I run M.2 NVMe on my desktop, but any SSD is fine, IMO.

Intel integrated GPU is no bueno, you'll want nvidia.

Other than that, I would go for build quality over everything else. Also make sure it has the ports you need to connect to the external projectors you might want to connect to (or get adapters)
>>
>>268706
Second hand 17 inch Mac with bootcamp.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.