[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got back from my exit portfolio review The guys who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 75rUIut.jpg (30 KB, 681x386) Image search: [Google]
75rUIut.jpg
30 KB, 681x386
I just got back from my exit portfolio review

The guys who reviewed my work said I should have majored in something else and all my work fucking sucks

How should I kill myself, not sure if joking or not , Im seriously considering it
>>
>>268560
let us see it
>>
>>268561
this before you kill yourself
>>
>>268561
>>268563
do it
>>
If at least there is works you are proud of please show them !
>>
>>268560
Please do not kill yourself anon
>>
>>268560
I know a lecturer/AD who would do this. he wants you to either step up your game or remove your sucky ass out of it. git gud or git out
>>
>>268814
https://youtu.be/7d_jQycdQGo?t=35s
>>
File: 3333-2.png (597 KB, 960x516) Image search: [Google]
3333-2.png
597 KB, 960x516
>>268837
yup he was a legitimately good designer who's an idealist and (sometimes) manipulative asshole just like that guy.

Taught my course two diff classes throughout two years and would absolutely destroy anuses in critique sessions. Especially in the tailed end of a sem, some girls just broke down and cry and even one gay dude did iirc.

I heard he was even more ruthless as an AD (he ran a studio).
>mfw some students applied for internship at the very same studio
>>
>>268560
How old are you? Like 19-23?

Even if he's right, it's hardly the end of the world. I'm sure you can find some other way to make ends meet.

t. Talentless 27 year old loser working a sucky office job with his mom as his boss.
>>
>>268560
I learned nothing worthwhile at design college. I had to teach myself. I make money now as a self employed designer... Those 'teachers' did nothing for me. Hang in there... do your best, stick with it.
>>
Sounds like he just needed to validate his ego.

But post your work, and we'll see.
>>
I want to see your portfolio
>>
>>268560
Get a job in the technical, production oriented side of the industry.

Learn more while you work there.
>>
Or get into the management side, some schools have it as post-graduate program.
>>
>>268560
I had my exit portfolio review last year. Was this the only guy they had to review you? Consider the critique you've received from professors, classmates, and clients if you've had any yet. This was one person's opinion. Even if he is hot shit, consider he can't account for your practice as a whole and what you should take away at most from that encounter is that you need to revamp how you present your portfolio. Also find out how your other classmates faired. Honestly though, I wouldn't take another designer's critique too seriously if his only suggestion is that you should've done something else. Lazy and unprofessional aside from just being an asshole with a god complex of which there are many.
>>
File: 1456008086696.jpg (1 MB, 2248x1126) Image search: [Google]
1456008086696.jpg
1 MB, 2248x1126
>>268963
Post a picture of your work OP. Take this image of an X Wing as a(an?) offering
>>
Hey man, i know its tough. Just post your work and i'll help critique. don't give up your passion because you got one bad interview.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.