[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /gd/ I'm working on a cookbook design for class. Doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: zine_ov_salads.png (2 MB, 2054x1452) Image search: [Google]
zine_ov_salads.png
2 MB, 2054x1452
Sup /gd/

I'm working on a cookbook design for class. Doing it as a zine. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but should I be using capitals or lowercase for 'a zine of'?
>>
>>267963
capital only on the first letters including the first a. also the color saturation/vibrance makes it boring
>>
>>267966
thanks for the reply, how do you think I could improve the colours?
>>
File: Mike_Campau-22b.jpg (487 KB, 1200x1529) Image search: [Google]
Mike_Campau-22b.jpg
487 KB, 1200x1529
>>267967
well, if you're in photoshop use the magic wand selection tool on the pieces and duplicate each. then add a new vibrance and saturation adjustments layers on top of every single one. and set them to clipping mask (right-click on the layer) and adjust each individually. however don't over edit them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql62Nc-NQcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBInP0ogzUs&index=3&list=PL-JaS2gMwAz00gRgqOIBoNQPqPV64cf5Z
>>
My suggestion would be that you need to be thinking about your target audience. I mean, by itself the design isn't terrible or anything, but it doesn't look appetizing in any way. If I were wanting to look for a cookbook, I'd want something vibrant, something that makes me immediately associate it with good tastes and flavors.

The color choice and filter really just gives me a mental image of food that is tasteless or doesn't taste very great, maybe even bordering on foods that are spoiling. I know that's unreasonable, but it's what my mind associates with the palette you've chosen (and to be fair, it's what the human mind is trained to do automatically when it comes to food).

See if you can't create something that creates more positive associations.
>>
>>267983
Thanks, appreciate this. Gonna redo a lot of stuff.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.