[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /gd/. First time poster, long time lurker business card
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: ugly.jpg (249 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
ugly.jpg
249 KB, 700x400
sup /gd/. First time poster, long time lurker

business card thread? show me your worst. show me your best. show me your tacky and gimmicky
>>
>>267863
please tell me that's a joke
>>
File: 1460688171608.jpg (5 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
1460688171608.jpg
5 KB, 304x166
>>
File: BQ2Sdmb.gif (7 MB, 477x255) Image search: [Google]
BQ2Sdmb.gif
7 MB, 477x255
>>267872
>>
>>267865
it is
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 1600x990
>>267872
Paul Allen's was really the GOAT
>>
File: pat-bateman-5.gif (5 MB, 429x178) Image search: [Google]
pat-bateman-5.gif
5 MB, 429x178
>>267882
>>
File: tpe.png (1 MB, 1004x638) Image search: [Google]
tpe.png
1 MB, 1004x638
I made this one a while ago. its inspired by >>267872 and ment for trevor philips enterprise in GTA 5
>>
>>267863
>>267863
I really really like that card.

It says to me that John Smith president of John Smith Enterprises will put my dick in his mouth if I give him a ring.
>>
>>267934
Thats what i thought he was going for when i found it on google
>>
File: Recto Verso.jpg (771 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
Recto Verso.jpg
771 KB, 1200x500
>>268048
Memes aside, how can I improve my personal card, guys?

As you can see I'm not a /gd/ expert. My main issue here is the QR code, I just can't find a place for it.

And, before you say anything:
1- I've tried to make it the normiest possible since I'm looking for a job in social media.
2- "Catchphrase goes here" is not the actual catchphrase.

My plan is to give them away during job interviews. Nothing more.
>>
>>268458
Y-you don't actually plan on printing that, do you ?
>>
>>268458
>My main issue here is the QR code
that is NOT your main issue
>>
>>268458
Just throwing as much shit on the card as you can does not make it better. You're certainly right about not being a /gd/ expert.

Think of it like this- if I'm reading your business card, do I want to shift through shit like a catchphrase and inspirational Facebook quote to get to your contact info? Do I want to even think about having to scan a shitty QR code, when that was barely even a fad years ago?

The answer is no. I want your contact information, and I want it to be clear and easy to identify. If I'm an employer and you make my job any harder than it has to be, your card will be one of the first I throw out.
>>
>>268487
You already have my info as we're actually sitting right in front of each other during a job interview.

You've read my resume and probably printed it, you've contacted me, we've shared emails, phonecalls, and that's why I'm actually here. You don't need or want my info.

The only thing I want to create here is the "Oh I remember that guy with the retarded business card" effect.

Question is, can I really obtain that with a American Psycho kind of card?
>>
>>268458
If you really want the QR code, you're going to have to dedicate an entire side to it. It won't work if you make it small. Business cards are small anyways, scanning a piece of shit tiny QR code would be infuriating.
>>
>>268495
QR codes aren't for the post resume phase. It's more as a "Oh, cool you're a designer. I don't need one right now, but I'll keep you in mind until I need one." It's a way for you to cast your net.
>>
>>268495

>implying you're the only person they share emails, phonecalls and have an interview with

the fuck, man. the point of your business card is to prevent them from having to shift through all that shit/recollect your stupid ass.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.