[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Political logo review thread. Who has the best, who has the worst.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (307 KB, 2165x1081) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307 KB, 2165x1081
Political logo review thread.

Who has the best, who has the worst.
>>
File: 1024px-Obama_logomark.svg.png (59 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Obama_logomark.svg.png
59 KB, 1024x1024
I like Bernie's blue the best, but the star on the "i" is kinda small and not properly aligned. Trump's typeface has a nice, solid, vintage feel to it. Other than that they're all pretty average.

All time best over here though.
>>
That Walker one is nice af, if a bit cliche
>>
>>263384
That H looks like it belongs to a delivery company.
>>
I feel like youre fucked if your logo doesnt consist of the freedom colours. Also, is Trumps logo really so shittily aligned?
>>
>>263427
Judging by his campaign site i'd say yes.
>>
>>263392
i dont understand why during obama 2 electric boogalo he used the color scheme of luxembourgh
>>
>>263392
Was about to post this. Obama's was literally GOAT.
>>
>>263426
it's horrifying how much money they paid for such a shit logo
>>
politics aside.

Hillary logo is the most daring and original but then it's not the best designed logo I. The world. However it works, you ask the people what Hillary's logo looks like and I bet they'll be able to describe it. To be able to get away with out using your name in branding is quite an achievement.

Trumps is boring but then again a lot of his branding is boring so I'm not surprised.

Perry is the worst.

I don't know who the k is for but I like the little flag
>>
>>263384
Shit tier:

—Rubio (fashion catalogue/cooking mag cover)

—Carly

—Jeb! (looks like '90s search engine throwback)

Cool font but boring as shit tier

—Carson

—Christie

—Huckabee

Polo shirt logo tier

—Chafee

—Graham

Would be ok if it wasn't so boring tier

—Gilmore

—Trump

Not sure if politician or… tier

—Pataki (the last font I remember when I think of the presidential race)

—Perry (hockey club?…)

—Gilmore (fashion mag for elderly?…)

—R/S (American Eagle?…)

—Hillary (AIDS awareness? delivery company? what is it)

—K~ (shampoo?… instant noodles?…)

—JimWebb (dictionary?… sports?… also outdated as fuck)

OK tier

—Bernie

—Cruz (except I don't get what that droplet means)

—Rand (this logo would be absolutely great if it didn't look like a car accessory company logo)

Best tier

—J—how could you fuck up with this logo?

Not sure what tier

—O'M: it's unique and memorable, but very WTF at the same time. Looks like an icon for an app.
>>
File: 2016-03-28_18h31_05.png (42 KB, 303x234) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-28_18h31_05.png
42 KB, 303x234
>>263464
>you ask the people what Hillary's logo looks like and I bet they'll be able to describe it.
It looks like something flying into the Twin Towers
>>
>>263493
Cruz's drop looks very middle-eastern to me, which, is the last thing an American presidential candidate should remind you of.
>>
>>263464
>red arrow pointing to the right
because that just -screams- "democratic nominee"
>>
Cruz almost god tier, but a bit too much like a water drop an not a flame, Paul for effective imagery.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1000x500
Hilary's logo is perfect for the digital age.
>red arrow points right
Yes so it work on social media, image is always left to text on social media, so the arrow points and draws the reader to the tweets text etc.

The image is also highly recognisable when appearing in a number of different avatars (see pic) and the much-criticized right-facing red arrow is now appears as it was likely meant to: pointing the way forward. The different backgrounds aren’t just an innovative graphic solution—they are the visual embodiment of the values Clinton is building her campaign around. It vehicles a leadership based on collectivity and inclusiveness rather than the elitist individualism Clinton is often accused of.
>>
>>263384

Trump, no doubt
It's blunt and to the point with no bullshit, and uses the exact red and blue of the american flag to emphasise patriotism - as well as stars to further increase the ties to the flag

'Make america great again' follows that trend of blunt, simple and effective. There's no pretentious innuendo like 'moving forward' or any of that focus group shit

Say what you will about his stances, but the guy knows business and marketing
>>
>>263392

The star on the i IS actually properly aligned with the vertical stroke, it just looks off because of the serif at the top of the line
>>
>>263552
Found the shill. "Perfect for digital age" yeah right. Totally, dude.
>>
>>263569
>uses the exact red and blue of the american flag to emphasise patriotism

Oh yeah, look at all the other colour combinations in the logos, blue and red was a real stroke of genius.
>>
>>263573

Do you understand what EXACT means?
Trump is using the SPECIFIC blue and red swatch colors of the american flag - as opposed to a lighter and/or different hue blue/red that other candidates use
>>
File: 71KpvfCqQzL._UL1500_.jpg (271 KB, 1500x1196) Image search: [Google]
71KpvfCqQzL._UL1500_.jpg
271 KB, 1500x1196
>>263569
I disagree, it's actually very boring. His marketing has only become memorable because it's associated with him. I mean, his main merch item is a hat with plain text on it, it's boring to look at. But it's become iconic because of the attenton he and his supporters get.
>>
File: 7204732-3x2-940x627.jpg (65 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
7204732-3x2-940x627.jpg
65 KB, 940x627
>>263575

logos don't need to be some intricately designed pictograph to be effective or even iconic. Trump's bold font is incredibly simple and equally effective. There is no ambiguity as to what it means or what it represents. Combine that with Trump always speaking on a lectern that has TRUMP branding plastered on it (pic related, also american flags so the two get subconsciously linked) as well as the MAGA hat (which at this point is an established icon) and you've got a brand which is incredibly effective with no bullshit or interpretation necessary.

It's not about which logo is the most aesthetically pleasing, it's about which is the most effective - and Trump's trumps the rest by being simple and easy to understand.

All of the other text logos try too hard to arrange text creatively through the use of different colors and positioning. The pictograph logos are too overdesigned and abstract to the point where none of them convey anything meaningful. Hillary's is the best of those however the blue/red contrast is very ugly, and the small amount of arrow head pointing out is messy.
>>
>>263575
It's cheap like trump.
>>
>>263578
>logos don't need to be some intricately designed pictograph to be effective or even iconic
That was exactly my point, you didn't need to type out two paragraphs about it.
>>
>>263574
Tf dude, just looking at the picture in the OP I can see Webb, Huckabee, Santorum, Graham, Perry and Walker use the same colours and I dont see you sucking their dicks.
>>
>>263583

They're not the SAME
unless you're uneducated enough to believe that there is only one red and only one blue
>>
File: Colours.png (4 MB, 1920x588) Image search: [Google]
Colours.png
4 MB, 1920x588
>>263585
Alright, please assign: US Flag Colours, Trump, Christie, Huckabee, Santorum, Graham, Perry and Walker.

Without reference since they're so insanely different.
>>
File: trumpmaga.png (710 KB, 1166x746) Image search: [Google]
trumpmaga.png
710 KB, 1166x746
RS -- whoever that is -- has a nice logo. Trump's is strong and direct, and works well as a result -- looks dependable, even. Rand looks like a corporate logo. Kasich's is nice but names are always better than single letters.

>>263552
You sound paid.
>>
>>263496
this is exactly what i see
>>
>>263616

The RS logo has a very awkward footprint, it's impossible to align it nicely beside anything because of how the wings curve
>>
>>263594

Not the /pol/ack blindly supporting Trump's logo.

I'm guessing #3 is Trump and #7 is the US flag
>>
>>263627
Nope
>>
File: Untitled3.png (36 KB, 286x445) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
36 KB, 286x445
>>263570
If anything, it should be more to the right. Pic related is what I'm talking about
>>
rand looks dystopian

kasich and sanders look like cereal brands

rubio is the search engine that never took off

jeb! is my favorite desu, would look good on buttons (without the 2016)
>>
all the republican logos share the tackiness prevalent in the on-screen graphics of american tv shows, or the covers of political books; trump's logo, on the other hand, works in a throwback-y way, which is probably the intended effect. it looks like the same typeface that appeared on meet the beatles, while everything around it mostly feels cheap and/or vulgar
>>
File: reagen.jpg (324 KB, 1824x1800) Image search: [Google]
reagen.jpg
324 KB, 1824x1800
>>263843
Yeah but he borrowed his strap line from one of the greatest.

Also a throwback to what, my first lessons on quarkxpress?
>>
>>263384
>cruz, rand
gas bottle stores
>jeb!
weekday morning cartoon title screen
>k, RS
dnno who u are lol, runescape?
>perry
fast food chain
>marcorubio
restaurant
>o'm
insurance or something
>>
>>263858
>Also a throwback to what, my first lessons on quarkxpress?
i don't know - the good old days when men were men, american people drove american cars, charlton heston passed for mexican and those job-stealing chinese were leaping headfirst into mass starvation? seems to be the general sentiment
>>
File: presdents-collectibles130.jpg (176 KB, 777x804) Image search: [Google]
presdents-collectibles130.jpg
176 KB, 777x804
>>263870
It's certainly a throwback to Reagan but the era you're describing is the 60's.
>>
>>263384

Why is cruz's logo a flame? What does fire have to do with america? His slogan is 'TrusTED' which has nothing to do with fire either
>>
>>263907
Its the tinder flame.
>>
File: Pleb! GTFO.jpg (161 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
Pleb! GTFO.jpg
161 KB, 652x367
WOW can't believe I've never used this board before. I have a few of my own loose interpretations lol.
>>
File: commiepanderssticker.jpg (83 KB, 600x308) Image search: [Google]
commiepanderssticker.jpg
83 KB, 600x308
>>264525
>>
File: Randlet.png (61 KB, 1654x595) Image search: [Google]
Randlet.png
61 KB, 1654x595
>>264526
>>
File: War Ensign of The Trump Regime.jpg (480 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
War Ensign of The Trump Regime.jpg
480 KB, 2000x1200
>>264527
>>
File: ALL TALK NO ACTION.jpg (622 KB, 1071x558) Image search: [Google]
ALL TALK NO ACTION.jpg
622 KB, 1071x558
>>264528
>>
>>263872

I'm partial to the historical throwbacks.
>>
Bernie and Cruz are the only good ones when taking into account that this is for a political campaign. I like Rand, Rubio, RS, Jeb & O'M if it was for other things. Trump, Graham & Carson are alright too. I wouldn't mind changing a few things about them though.
>>
>>263464
> I bet they'll be able to describe it.
Yeah, 9/11
>>
File: facebook-avatar.png (15 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
facebook-avatar.png
15 KB, 1024x1024
>Lessig
>shit campaign
>GOAT logo
>>
Not gonna lie, Hillary's is probably my favorite. It's blunt and to the point. Same with Trump's which I guess proves simple logos = eZ votes???
>>
They all have some issues with letter-spacing and alignment.

I think the Kasich and Jindal logos are the best.
Trump has the best branding.
>>
H>
I like it only for the opportunity at variants, they made some really shitty ones though.

Bern*e
Cute, generic but pulled it off smoothly.

O'M
What the fuck is this, Google doesn't even know what "O'M President" is.

Chafee
>>263427 definitely true
Green? Take the hint guys, red/blue or die. Looks like a spacesuit patch from a cheap sci fi movie.

RAND
>>263493 holy shit car accessories, that's what it reminded me of.
Flame looks like absolute garbage.

marcorubio
That I is hilarious, so bad. Also is the official colour that pink looking?

BEN CARSON
Just reminds me of shitty motion graphics where the words spin around and more get slapped on in different colours.

Pataki
Points for brave typeface, "for president" doesn't work at all with it though.

PERRY PRESIDENT
High school baseball team.

CHRISTIE2016
Tagline looks bad, sorry, just t e l l i n g i t l i k e i t i s.

——— top logos ———

>>264572
Good shit.

Jeb!
I like it.

WALKER16
>>263418 this

C^RLY
I like it.

Cruz
Very solid.
>>
File: Screen Shot 8.jpg (27 KB, 204x203) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 8.jpg
27 KB, 204x203
Uh
>>
>>263578
>Combine that with Trump always speaking on a lectern that has TRUMP branding plastered on it
ow come on it's not even the same font!
It shows how unconsistent the guy is.
You wouldn't get away with this in a commercial project.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised to find out trump hasn't got a licence for the font he's using.
>>
>>264621
For future reference, it's inconsistent, not unconsistent.
>>
File: HillaryDid911.png (12 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
HillaryDid911.png
12 KB, 500x382
>>263552
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.