[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate Dribbble so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: index.png (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.png
6 KB, 259x194
Why do you hate Dribbble so much?
>>
Because flat design i guess

I like it
>>
autolike script niggers
>>
behance is even worse. every comment is literally
>nice job. pls check out my work www.myshittyportfolio.com
>>
>>259491
Pretty sure you hate it because you don't get invited.

I love dribbble for inspiration. There is lots of shit but if you follow good designer you get only their updates on your main site.
Also got plenty of job offerings by many companies around the world. But thats probably because I have over 1k follower
>>
Dribble is cool, the only problem is the comments that people leave.
It's mostly just people leaving short encouraging comments instead of leaving any sort of criticism or describing what they like.
>>
>Text underneath shadow

Just fuck up my depth senpai
>>
>>259649
I don't understand, why do I need an invite, can't I just sign up on their website?
>>
>>259491
I hate it because it's mostly just pretty pictures without the (thought)process / rationale behind it.

Anyone can make a pretty picture, but that doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>259649
>invited

wtf are you on about?
>>
because it's a circlejerk
>>
>>260047
You need an invite to have a proper account, an account which allows you to post stuff. you can create an regular account but you can only watch
>>
>>260011

Quality control
>>
because the butthurt losers who ended up posting on the graphic design board of fucking 4chan are mad about designers who actually work and get to make cool shit
>>
>>259981
Holy shit that's annoying.

Thanks for ruining my day dude.
>>
>>260280
jesus christ shut the fuck up
>>
>>259597
>>259940
this so fucking much. the only reason i ever post stuff on here is to get actual critique instead of "ooh that's cool please look at my profile"
>>
>>260771
yea, I dont get much views on my work either. (I'd like to think its good work, its just I dont share it around until I need to link it to potential clients) Everytime I see the notification bar pop up I get a little happy, only to find out it's some russian basic bitch UI designer or some Brazilian saying his shitty design agency is hiring
>>
I've never seen a self-promotion comment. That or I just don't look that far down in the comments. I've yet to post my first Dribbble. I'm hesitant, yet really wanting to but I have nothing currently good in recent work.
>>
my friend doesn't like it because it's all hypothetical work made for the sole purpose of getting likes from easily-baited designers.

I don't like because all the illustrations looks absolutely identical, it's almost humorous how generic everything is.
>>
>>262466
This. From time to time there are actually talented illustrators experimenting with various mediums (painting, photo collages etc.) and they receive barely any attention, since it's not a shot of your generic logomark, app icon etc with a subtle gradient / noise pattern on top.
>>
>>260277
No, it's not. If that was the case, then you'd be able to send snapshots of your work to a dribbble mod and they would judge it. But instead, it's what >>260049 said already.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.