[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 99.png (7 KB, 435x116) Image search: [Google]
99.png
7 KB, 435x116
Thoughts?
>>
But a bitch aint one?
>>
>>258896
>>258897
But our logo ain't one
>>
>>258896

It's spec work that cheapens the industry.

With that being said, I participated in 99 design contests while in school and shortly after graduation. It was one of the few ways that I could get some experience working with clients and progressing my skills in corporate branding since most businesses weren't willing to hire a recent college grad without a job history. I made some money from the site but ultimately moved on to other things since the payout vs. the work put in sucked.
>>
File: Spec.jpg (143 KB, 825x825) Image search: [Google]
Spec.jpg
143 KB, 825x825
>>258896
>>
>>258896
work by amateurs that don't really understand what they are doing or what they are signing up for.

also this
>>258931
>>
>>258925
savage
>>
It sucks. Reach out to people you want to work for or have them contact you. If you don't, you'll be stuck in a situation where you're endlessly chasing that winning contest entry. You'll be doing so much work only to not be picked.
>>
>>258925
they are doing a redesign right now
>>
>>258896
It's a dartboard. Throw your design and see if it hits.

The client doesn't post a proper breif and you can't get proper feedback.

A good logo meets objective criteria and takes in to account 'selling the product/serivce' not 'does the client like it' ...

Client's subjective like/dislike is garbage. The success of a logo is science. Therefore 99Designs indulges only the client's whim, not an actual problem/solution.

ERGO 99Designs, is a waste of money for the client, regardless of how much they pay.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.