[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this pure butthole? Are there any redeeming qualities?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: BRWUT.jpg (229 KB, 1167x767) Image search: [Google]
BRWUT.jpg
229 KB, 1167x767
Is this pure butthole? Are there any redeeming qualities?
>>
>>258396
no that is only half butthole
>>
>>258397

Is the primary font shit? Or is it that the logo doesn't fit the fonts?
>>
>>258398
The logo gets lost in the text, I wasn't sure what it was until I looked at the bottom left image of it by itself.
>>
File: BRWUT2.jpg (249 KB, 1110x763) Image search: [Google]
BRWUT2.jpg
249 KB, 1110x763
This is the primary font done with a custom nib shape rather than outlines traced from the sketch....Still feels like shit, kinda? Maybe? I don't know but feels like yes.
>>
File: BRWUT3.jpg (122 KB, 1165x521) Image search: [Google]
BRWUT3.jpg
122 KB, 1165x521
>>258399

I was trying to hide the shit quality of the logo by conjoining it with the text...
>>
Too much detail on the fish I feel. Just having a simple silhouette might be better and would also communicate faster. Right now it's a bit unclear.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 396x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 396x426
It reads disjointed to me... The font makes me think surfer shop in Hawaii or California and the fish makes me think of Tsimshian animal representation (pic related).
>>
>>258434
Disagree with this, I think the fish looks great. Makes it unique and not so boring. Especially with such shitty typography.
>>
>>258444
So I should take another swing at the primary font and keep the logo?
>>
File: brfml.jpg (31 KB, 777x600) Image search: [Google]
brfml.jpg
31 KB, 777x600
I'm making it worse, aren't I...
>>
>>258612
I cannot seem to develop a font that fits with the aesthetics of the logo... But I've drawn like 30 logos and this is the only one that's not garbage...

What do I need to do font construction wise?
>>
>>258614
this is pretty decent, it's ok, it works, but i'd play with proportions and spacing of the logo elements.
>>
>>258612
It's fine. Stop overthinking.
>>
>>258634
But I want it seamless and sweet, not fine. It's wrinkled, how do I iron it.
>>
>>258637
Did you even worked face to face with a client asking for a logo ?

Because usually "seamless and sweet" doesn't mean shit to their eyes, so don't waste your time. They will got for whatever, usually the shittiest on.
>>
>>258638
This is a facade, just doing it to practice. That's how fucked I am, I can't make it nice even when there's no external influence.
>>
>>258612
I actually like this pretty well.
>>
File: whewlad.jpg (219 KB, 884x856) Image search: [Google]
whewlad.jpg
219 KB, 884x856
>>258740

That's kind of you.

I made a few tweaks, I'm going to consider this one done, thanks for the input guys.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.