[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make the effect/gradient in the red circle? Thanks in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled-5.jpg (351 KB, 750x528) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-5.jpg
351 KB, 750x528
How do I make the effect/gradient in the red circle? Thanks in advance /gd/
>>
>>256891
I have no idea.
>>
File: bird_icon.png (259 KB, 443x401) Image search: [Google]
bird_icon.png
259 KB, 443x401
is this enough? Little rough ways but when you will give it more care it will look better I made it just for preview
>>
>>256904

I made custom shape with basic round brush (add spaces and size dynamics) then I made straight line and save it as new brush. Then opened image with bird (erase background), duplicate and choose Smudge tool then choose your custom brush, make a little adjustments with size and angle and make straight smudge (with shift key) then erase the body of bird (we need only that smudge) and give it 75% opacity... you can play with it more ofcourse
>>
>>256905
That is the hardest way to do it.

Just use the single row marque tool to select a single row of pixels, copy and paste to a new layer, stretch that layer out as long as you need it, put a mask on the layer so you can blend it into the bird.
>>
>>256898
Thats not the same thing. The one in my picture almost looks like some of the lines are raised a tad. Especially at the end.
>>
>>256898
Spill the beans PLEASE!
>>
>>256915
That's because the one in the OP has the bird drawn with fine lines with gaps of white in the colour scheme the way the bird is drawn is more sharp leaving crisp definition between the colours. Meaning that when the colours are stretched off the bird it leaves a bigger variant of colours along the line (it goes green, black, green, black, white, green, white, green white etc) where the one I used in >>256898
is less sharp and the colours are blurred together more, which leaves the streaks to be more similar in colour (red red red red white red red black etc)

>>256916
see >>256907
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.