[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Business Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: AmericanPsychoBusinessCards.jpg (198 KB, 1406x913) Image search: [Google]
AmericanPsychoBusinessCards.jpg
198 KB, 1406x913
Who did it best /gd/?

I like Van Patten's card the best, but Paul Allen's is fairly nice as well.
>>
>>255338
I am a fan of one line on the bottom so Allen is off the list. I also like textures so Van Patten or Bryce did a nice job. If only Bryce moved the top row just a tad i think it would be perfect. perhaps a different font too
>>
>>255341
Personally I'm not a fan of Bryce using the same Sans-Serif fonts for everything. For the info around the outside sure, but it looks a bit bland for a business card.
>>
Why do all four use mixed case small caps for the first name, and full sized all caps for the last name? Is that a thing? Bugs the fuck outa me.

Patten for me tho. Fix the weird case, and go with semi-bold instead of full bold.
>>
>>255338
All are kinda shit, riding the edges with way too much negative space in the interior.
>>
>>255362

That said Davids is best.
>>
>>255359
because their first names aren't important, the emphasis is on their last names
>>
>>255338
i like Van Patten's best, but i don't like the texture. Van Patten's with Allen's texture i reckon.
>>
what company allows different typefaces for their logo?
>>
Bateman and Allen are top notch.
>>
Bateman.. no doubt about it... it's straight to the point, with a hint of character -the gold lettering. The cards air of sophistication is just enough to ward off the plebs, while staying classy..
>>
>>255436
Except they forgot to add a space after the ampersand.
>>
Am I wrong or are they all not using proper small caps? That's quite a few points off.

Van Patten's is probably the best if only because the small caps issue is the least pronounced there.
>>
Definitely Van Patten.
>>
>>255392
Pierce and Pierce
>>
What use is a personal business card if every employee has to use the same fax machine?
>>
None of these are that impressive, and that's the entire point. Bateman and his peers are supposed to be the archetypal yuppie scum of 1980s corporate America. That they obsess over card designs that aren't remotely noteworthy, let alone even all that different from one another, is meant to illustrate how vapid and petty they are. Much like /gd/, and by extension, me for feeling the need to point this out.
>>
Is Patrick Bateman font Traian Pro?
>>
File: RPG_business_card_front.png (55 KB, 2362x1535) Image search: [Google]
RPG_business_card_front.png
55 KB, 2362x1535
Don't want to start a new thread and couldn't find a business cards general thread.

Looking for some critique on my business card design.

Pic related: front

(5mm bleed)
>>
File: test_card.png (224 KB, 2362x1535) Image search: [Google]
test_card.png
224 KB, 2362x1535
>>255678

5mm bleed
>>
>>255443
that's pretty fucking unprofessional typo on a card with only text

i wonder why no one noticed, or maybe it means something more
>>
>>255560
>Traian Pro?
No serifs on the M are wrong for Trajan.

Perpetua?
>>
>>255679
>Align text Mobile App.. with the cross on the left
>shorten the line under RED and PRINCE so they are just as long as the R D and P and E

personally i don't really like how you placed the logo/cross in the centre of the card and the whole thing kinda screams 'facism' to me
>>
>>255678
don't know if its for a customer or what, but you just traced over pic related... also dont think red on black reads that easily, can you try to make the logo white perhaps?
>>
File: 1439590571890.jpg (8 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
1439590571890.jpg
8 KB, 299x293
>>255685
[spoiler]its a movie[/spoiler]
>>
>>255338

I think we can all agree that Bryce's is the worst.

Seriously that font is disgusting.
>>
File: red_prince_logo_final.png (192 KB, 2142x3030) Image search: [Google]
red_prince_logo_final.png
192 KB, 2142x3030
>>255747

Haha, the red, black and white does give off that Nazi vibe. It's a Teutonic cross from the early medieval period, but the Nazi's did use it as they considered themselves descendants of the Teutons.

Is it just the black and white cross, or also the little crosses used for the bullet points that give you that feeling?

>>255752

No, it's for personal use and yeah, that's the image I used.

I'm not much of an artist when it comes to animals and that image was just too perfect not to use.

Thanks for the critiques.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.