[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Timing one's self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: to do list.png (101 KB, 1168x753) Image search: [Google]
to do list.png
101 KB, 1168x753
I'm trying to get faster at finishing projects and want to know what other people's times are and what a seasoned professional would be at for a specific project. Pic related took 3 hours from ideation to completion
>>
File: SA bookmark side 1.png (388 KB, 900x2250) Image search: [Google]
SA bookmark side 1.png
388 KB, 900x2250
These two (pic coming) took 2 hours

I know that the colors look like minons and I know that banners are played the fuck out. This is just going off of the schools design standards
>>
File: SA bookmark side 2.png (140 KB, 900x2250) Image search: [Google]
SA bookmark side 2.png
140 KB, 900x2250
>>255333
>>
This series took me 6 hours, with 4 hours of reworking based on client input
>>
File: ready for print bookmarks.png (5 MB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
ready for print bookmarks.png
5 MB, 3300x2550
>>255335
forgot pic
>>
So, does /gd/ just suck?
>>
>>255349
What is it you actually expect us to comment on?
Also, did you know this board is slower than a lot of other boards?
>>
>>255354
did you read my post? I'm wondering how long people take on projects.

Post projects and hours

If you know how long it should take a seasoned pro to do a thing, impart that knowledge
>>
>>255333

It took you 2 hours to create something that destroyed my eyes in less than a second.
>>
File: johnstamosfuckingyourwife.jpg (87 KB, 1013x592) Image search: [Google]
johnstamosfuckingyourwife.jpg
87 KB, 1013x592
>>255356
Jesus Christ, fine.

Here's a low budget project, took me just over an hour.
>>
the bannerz one is pretty scary. The drop shadow is really unfitting and it's pretty badly rendered bc photoshop. try and focus on legibility because it's pretty hard to read.

the flowchart is pretty neat but there's a lot of stuff we're looking at. stuff that i don't want to read. I would try to make things contrast alittle more. maybe use a different font or size, weight etc.
>>
>>255336
>must-
>have
>>
>>255332

I work in an advertising agency with many clientele on the Fortune 500 list. A lot of our work is taking their brand guidelines and creating ads or websites, making revisions, and then sending the final mockups/pdf's to the developer or printer all within the same day.

On most print pieces (flyers, mailers, postcards, newspaper ads, etc), I can put them together in 20-40 minutes if the account manager actually does their job and supplies me with art direction and copy from the client. If I'm coming up with my own headlines or offers then it'll usually take an extra 5-10 minutes.

For web mockups, we work with a lot of templates, but a single offer with a set of 8-9 digital display sizes, printable coupon, and 3-4 mobile layouts usually takes a little over an hour to set up in photoshop.
>>
>>255356
Ok, I missed that part in your post. But
>Also, did you know this board is slower than a lot of other boards?
>>
>>255410
Well, it looks like insulting /gd/ got the conversation started. I'd say that makes /gd/ p shit, not the lack of traffic
>>
>>255406
This is incredibly helpful

I work with amateur fuck heads that don't understand that conceptualization, branding, copy and the lot take a lot of time and the designing is just a small part. I go through 3-4 iterations on a design before coming on a conclusion that will maintain brand integrity and they think it's all just a matter of throwing something together in microsoft word like they normally do.

After reading your post I realize that I should push them harder for resources, direction, and copy so I'm not doing everything from scratch all the time.
>>
>>255361
That seems like a pretty good amount of time. Did you have the concept already solidified when you started?
>>
Look https://youtu.be/Pp_bQd2bLvg
>>
>>255361
liar
>>
>>255333
Bruh, chill on those shadows.
What's with all the jaggies on that type? Was there a problem?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (218 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
218 KB, 3300x2550
>>255336
Why not use a distinctive color scheme and font for the all 3? Fuck, use a template and stick to it.
Also the alignment of the bottom texts are tickling my mild OCD.
>>
>>256583
^This.

While it's not polished or perfect (it doesn't have to be to convey anon's point), it's automatically more cohesive and building an identity.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.