[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I realized I only do flat design and want to branch out a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: Warcraft_3_reign_of_chaos_logo.jpg (127 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_3_reign_of_chaos_logo.jpg
127 KB, 512x256
So I realized I only do flat design and want to branch out a bit. Currently doing a Logo for a Video Game for practice.

Pic related is the style im going for. Kinda this pseudo 3D rustical/medival style. I'm just not sure how to approach it yet. I mostly work with Illustrator. I guess for the textures I should go to Photoshop but im not sure on how to approach the 3D stuff. Maybe actually model something in C4D or something like that? Also an important aspect of this style seems to be that the elements resemble real materials like the gold and rocks here in this pic.

Any inspirations/tips/how-to's on how to replicate this kinda thing?
>>
File: Europa-Universalis-4_PC.jpg (769 KB, 2048x2836) Image search: [Google]
Europa-Universalis-4_PC.jpg
769 KB, 2048x2836
>>252686
I've been using c4d for years and that text would be hard to replicate.without tons of renders.
most game titles i've seen are made with photoshop. just learn how to use the layer effects and styles (protip: build a styles library)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgGg1GhWl78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKRDFuXmQR8
abduzeedo.com/medieval-metal-text-effect-photoshop
>>
File: Comp 1_00000.png (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Comp 1_00000.png
430 KB, 1920x1080
>>252696
Thanks man! Yeah learning something like c4d seems to be pretty inevitable especially since I wanna work with film and Motion Graphics.

I gave it a shot with AE + Element3D, surprisingly good results for like 15 min. But gotta look into Render options and stuff to make it nice and shiny.
>>
Hey man I also like this style not so graphical minded though hahaha but it would be extremely cool if you made up a logo for my YouTube channel I'm starting up using that same kind of Warcraft style would be great :D get back to me
>>
>>252749
Just thought up a concept for ur free logo
File was too large for 4chan tho
http://i.imgur.com/UFn19kvl.jpg
If u like it we can talk on skype and edit it together
>>
>>252751
Funny I do not see the word free at all. Hence why I said get back to me and as if I'm gonna click on your link who do you think I am some pleb this ain't my first walk around the park mate. Jog on and get a life. Some people
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.