[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Illustrator bug?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: bug.gif (130 KB, 901x715) Image search: [Google]
bug.gif
130 KB, 901x715
am I going full retard with the eraser tool,or this is a bug ?

why paths dont stay the same when using eraser tool ?

Expanding it isn't an option tho it has to be paths (this isn't supposed to be a dashed line, i used straight lines for a better view)
>>
>>251978
A path has an end defined in one of 4 ways:
>Round
>Flat at the last anchor
>Flat slightly past the last anchor
>Arrow style

if you slice a line you are creating two new ends. Those ends will be defined by the end style in the line menu.

You would have to make a custom stroke that had slanted ends to do what you are doing. You are making a mistake using paths. present why you need them and maybe people can help.
>>
>>251978
That's because you're erasing a single path. Have you tried object > expand?
>>
File: 1452878867502.png (297 KB, 449x366) Image search: [Google]
1452878867502.png
297 KB, 449x366
>>252004
>>252007

OP back where what i want you to notice is how the path changes as i create the segments. the path passes from a perfect line to a wobbly path ..

But what im trying to do is something like what i saw on other threat (pic related)

It's driving me crazy because i want to create a bunch of lines with blend tool, and after i blend it creates a nice and consistent (new) paths in between, but when i start segmenting it it goes all wobbly as fuck
>>
>>251978
Try changing the brush you are erasing with?
>>
• There are two erasers: the basic eraser and the area eraser. Hold alt while dragging, it helps in some cases.
• You might want to expand the path, because what's happening in your GIF is something that happens if you continuously dive into an already-fragile path.
• In the end, the eraser tool should be completely avoided. Use the pathfinder.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.