[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adobe Typekit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: TkLogo.jpg (1 KB, 46x46) Image search: [Google]
TkLogo.jpg
1 KB, 46x46
Anyone figure out how to save a font locally from these assholes?

I've just spent about 5 hours on an InDesign document and can't open the document with the font on my client's Mac.

Is this how Adobe figure the universe is going to operate? Completely inconvenienced?
>>
oh anon, you're so naive. you don't deserve your client.
>>
>>247438
Thanks for your advice. Merry Christmas.
>>
That's why you package your files, retard.
>>
>>247460
Well, you must feel a little silly. Typekit fonts don't bundle in the package.

Why do you think I would ask the question? RETARD.
>>
>>247451
I don't know why I am bothering responding, but holy shit are you whining about nothing.

The fact of the matter is that you shouldn't have needed an idesign document just to show a client.

PDFs will embed your typekit files, if you need to print with an indesign file, the printer will need access to typekit, that's just how this shit works.

And have a happy new year, idiot.
>>
>>247616
Oh okay. Thanks for answering my original question Mr. Expert.

Wait a minute...
>>
>>247616
Some of us like to sit with a client and make edits on the fly with them. Is this such an alien concept?
No wonder I drive a nice car.
>>
>>247620
if you can afford a nice car, then where is your laptop?

ps: I have both.
>>
>>247619
I just don't get why you're so entitled. You're paying a low monthly rate for the right to use a synced font file, not distribute a copy of that file.

If you would like to distribute a file you can either find it and steal it yourself or better yet just pay for the damn thing.

This is how font licensing works, not around your naive notion of a utopia of fonts where everyone just gets everything for free for the sake of your own ill-informed process, but around the fact that font-makers actually have to make a living off providing fonts for you lazy assholes to make shitty pamphlets for your needy ass client.

You're not getting an answer because you're asking for something that is blatantly illegal. At least in the font threads they try to coat it in "non-commercial" rhetoric. You clearly want to use ripped fonts for client work. You're basically scum.
>>
1. Typekit fonts aren't included in Illustrator/InDesign packages.
2. Some Typekit fonts can only be used online (you can't even sync them for use in the programs)
3. Typekit fonts are useful because you can use premium fonts legally infinitely, but stay alert and don't be jewed – if you don't pay your bills or there's a problem with the typekit servers, all of your Typekits stop working. You can't use them on your computer and all the sites you designed with them lose the fonts.
>>
>>247628
>3. Typekit fonts are useful because you can use premium fonts legally infinitely, but stay alert and don't be jewed – if you don't pay your bills or there's a problem with the typekit servers, all of your Typekits stop working. You can't use them on your computer and all the sites you designed with them lose the fonts.

That sucks
>>
>>247635
remember: ever since the conception of neo-adobe, you don't actually own anything anymore
>>
>>247628
The German population just chose "to live with it" a few decades ago too. That worked out great didn't it?

And the SJW using words like 'entitled' here: suck my ass. I hope you're female cos it'll make me hard.
>>
>>247715
you know, I didn't really expect you to enact godwin's law on a discussion of adobe typekit on a graphic design board.

your judgement is incredibly weak.
>>
>>247715
what the hell are you talking about
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.