[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what program do I use to make these shapes? I'd prefer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1449554531004.jpg (87 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449554531004.jpg
87 KB, 640x640
what program do I use to make these shapes?

I'd prefer if i didn't have to do them by hand, or make them 'from scratch' if you know what I mean, something like a drag and drop or w/e.
>>
>>246577
>Drag and drop art
Power Point.
>>
>>246578
well i know in indesign i can drag and drop all those circles and triangles, but not some of the more 3d or complicated stuff
>>
>>246577
illustrator
>>
File: M0front.jpg (203 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
M0front.jpg
203 KB, 800x800
Look closely at the image you posted. It's pretty obvious these are lovingly rendered by hand in Illustrator or some other drawing package. There is no clip-art out there that would serve this purpose.

You don't need a 3D package to create this type of stuff if you are familiar with how to render depth in simple geometric shapes.

Start sketching some shapes on paper.

Choose a color palette. Block it out in illustrator as a series of colors and gradients.

Start creating the objects. For making the springy shapes, 3D revolve is your friend.

>http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-funky-3d-springs-in-illustrator--vector-2164

Assemble the shapes into a pattern.

A lot of what makes this visually appealing is the shadows, they really create the illusion of depth in this piece. To create shadows, copy some of the objects and move them down and away from the objects, send them to the background or paste them on a layer behind the main objects, and change the fill to a darker version of the background color.

The artist is Yoko Honda, if you like this style, check out Pilar Zeta as well.
>>
>>246581
haha lel
>>
>>246608
thanks that was a great post anon and I didnt even know it was made by that artist
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.