[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heraldry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 600px-Blason_Augerans.svg.png (79 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
600px-Blason_Augerans.svg.png
79 KB, 600x660
Have you considered assuming your own coat of arms?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 250x310
>>246231
>Heraldry
>Coat of Arms
>Make your own?
No, and it's retarded to think it's a good idea to do it.
>>
>>246232
It's a better idea than relying on those "here's your family crest!" websites.
>>
>>246238
>Relying
Just google it for fucks sake.
(Last Name) Coat of Arms (Country of your Fathers ancestry)
Done!
>>
>>246240
In English and Scottish heraldry, coats of arms aren't tied to family names, but to individuals. A coat of arms is inherited by the armiger's eldest son. Can you prove an unbroken line of descent from the Miller who bore those arms?
>>
>>246242
Nope, and I don't give a fuck. I'm not a knight, nor are you. Just pick one and move on.
>>
>>246243
Well, I suppose if you don't really care about heraldry, you can display your "family crest" that you got from the heraldic equivalent of Fiverr. I hope you don't actually live in Scotland, though - I hear they take this stuff so seriously it's a crime to bear arms you don't have the right to.

(Maybe I should contact one of those heraldic bucket shops, just to see what they'd claim about my really uncommon Swedish surname? I'm a bit curious.)
>>
>>246251
troll or fag?
sometime its hard to tell
>>
>>246232
You do realise there are rules regarding using heraldry?
In my country you can assume one as long as it's unique (unless you can prove you own a known one).
>>
>>246372
Fag... Just go away OP, your heraldry has nothing to do with graphic design.

If you need help designing one go look at the rule sets for battlefield flags; they are basically the same thing from a design prospective.
>>
>>246398
Isn't this board all about creating designs that represent persons and organizations? Why is it suddenly unrelated to graphic design just because those designs happen to conform to centuries-old rules?
>>
>>246412
Because you are bringing up laws and shit that doesn't matter to anyone on this board.

Have I made a logo with a 'shield heraldry'? Yes. Do I give a shit about the laws of my ancestors? Not even a little bit.

Just make your logo, upload it, and we will shit on it like everything else.
>>
>>246414
Oh, how bittblasted you are.
You know why did they make the rules? So the signs would be readable and meaningful. The fact that you love sucking dicks doesn't invalidate their choices.
>>
File: icona.png (94 KB, 700x872) Image search: [Google]
icona.png
94 KB, 700x872
>not having a coat of arms, even if it's made up

Pic related is mine (don't know how to blazon in english): troncato d'oro e di nero, all'aquila rostrata lampassata e unghiata di rosso, accollata d'un uroboro lampassato di rosso, dell'uno e dell'altro.
>>
>>246527
In English, I think that would be "Per fess or and sable, an eagle displayed armed, beaked and langued gules, holding in wings and claws an ouroboros langued gules, all counterchanged." Not entirely sure, though - Google Translate tripped over the word "accollata".
>>
>>246527
>stain on stain
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: image048.jpg (30 KB, 315x436) Image search: [Google]
image048.jpg
30 KB, 315x436
>>246554
thank you! btw "accollato/a" just means "put together", because i couldn't find a better description in few words

>>246723
sable was originally a fur, so it's not totally wrong to put gules on it, and it's just a small amount anyway
>>
>>246723
Details on beasts don't need to follow the rule of tincture. For example, England's coat of arms has azure claws on gules.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.