[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finishing up my online portfolio. Is it cool to ask you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Finishing up my online portfolio. Is it cool to ask you guys to critique the absolutely fuck out of it?

zlkv.us
>>
I took a quick glance at it and just about the only thing I would say is to take out the drawings you have on there. In my opinion the illustrations come off as either not polished enough or amateurish whereas the majority of the other work on there does NOT give off that vibe. Secondly, I'm not entirely convinced of the navigation of the site with the 'three lines in the corner' thing. Other than that your presentation is very nice. I particularly like your album works. Good stuff overall, man.
>>
>>245870
is it possible to have the 3 bars scroll down with you/ stay in the top left corner?

otherwise pretty good desu
>>
>>245898
This is probably a good idea, op.
>>
>>245883
good points, will def look into.

>>245898
anything is possible anon
>>
>>245870
>Press the 3 lines in the top left corner to have a look around.
should read
>Use the menu in the top left to browse my work
or just don't mention it at all, the 3 line menu icon is a very common ux pattern at this point

Why is your bio not in the main menu? I didn't even notice that faint menu at the bottom the first time I looked at the site. Same with contact; 2 very important pages almost hidden away

I like your logo a lot, it should be bigger and central. If it was me the homepage would consist of nothing but your logo, double sized, and some text underneath saying "first name last name, graphic designer". Social icons can stay at the bottom. There's no need to thank anyone for landing on your homepage. If you do do this I would also put the word "menu" next to the lines icon, despite being an accepted pattern the word menu takes away all ambiguity. You also have a lot of white space and I don't think it would ruin the minimalism, it would just make it easier and quicker to get to for non-technical people.

The work itself is very good
>>
>>245870
Using a burger menu on desktop is not a good idea ux-wise(click-look at animation-click, instead of single click) imho.
>>
>>245870

It would be much more user friendly if simply putting the mouse over the menu icon triggered the menu in a drop down - needing to click twice every time to go to a different page is an unnecessary inconvience
>>
thoughts as I go:
-splash page is bland, looks like 404 page
-core navigation should not need explained
-site does not scale well to my large screen
-button is much too far from text
-do you need the button?
-could this all just be on the page?
-seems more an aesthetic choice than practical
-the menu itself is nice
-expanded projects might need some distinction
-maybe smaller font size for them
-overall too much work to get around
-when expanding images, use white background for consistency with the rest of the site (like it does with the menu)
-in gallery view, arrows are at the far side of my screen. i should be able to click on the side of the image and move
-arrow keys work, so that's good
-make logos expandable
-another note on the menu: the menu items form a full bar across my entire screen, being able to click on the whitespace and go back to the page I'm on is what I did instinctively, back button was too far away
-projects need more explaining, especially artifakt, dig into your research notes from these projects
-some logos are redundant
>>
>>246697
>>246693
>>245916
>>245910

this is good shit thank you guys

>>246697

would you mind sharing a screenshot of how it scales on your screen?
>>
i dont think its neccessary to slap every work of yours on that canvas mockup
nice stuff otherwise, pretty hipster
>>
File: splash_menu_2560x1440.jpg (289 KB, 2560x2820) Image search: [Google]
splash_menu_2560x1440.jpg
289 KB, 2560x2820
>>246725
>>
File: HVdS5b3.png (56 KB, 1410x170) Image search: [Google]
HVdS5b3.png
56 KB, 1410x170
What the absolute fuck is going on with the way squarespace builds html.. I'm dead
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.